Scared to Step Out

KaseyNM

Expert
Ok, first off, I've had a lot of flack over my name.
NM does happen to be my middle and last initial. It's also the company I work for.
That being said, I've written several outside cases without any pushback. Despite the general consensus on here about NM reps, and their agency, I happen to work with a great MP, and haven't hit even a minor bump recommending Term to a diabetic (outside business) or term to a cheapo (also outside business, damn it all to hell if their over 36)
I get it. In general, my company appeals to a small %. Neither me, or my MP, or my mentor are very concerned about the the state of mother mutual.
(Hey, all cheap shots aside, it's pretty cool to rep a company who will willingly price themselves out of the market if the best interest of the policy holders is in mind)
Moving on from my Kool-aid enjoyment....
I'd love to get some referral-based-feedback about marketing strategy.
I'm currently working a 'really effing shitty market"
With almost no leads do anyone 'doing better'
I'm not afraid of capital investments.... so one High activity rep in our office has gained a lot of traction by giving (a-+, B- and C+ clients) <basically everyone> a 'client folder'
In my case, that's a hard-backed binder, with NM on the name, my business card in the file, and both insurance and investment tabs included

(Not to be cheap, but OMG, to be Me -it's $12/per prospective client)

Has anyone else gained referral traction after increasing the 'style' of their clients.

(In case anyone is lost, both age-change and annual reviews present this opp to grow in my practice)

BTW, $12 is CHEAP... and I would NOT necessarily be offering it until they were a paying client.

But here are a couple more articles on the topic, using something much better than just a cheap $12 binder:

Attachments

• Vol8Issue5 - Client Archive System and Tab Titles.pdf
    282 KB · Views: 10
  • Vol12No1 - Success not an accident - archive case.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Vol8Issue7 - Client Archive system.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
Industry reputation has nothing to do with the INDIVIDUAL AGENT... unless that agent is acting like and positioning themselves just like such stereotypes.

However, if that image did not exist... it wouldn't pay as well to become great at selling it. Products that sell themselves... have little to no commissions.

Industry reputation has nothing to do with the INDIVIDUAL AGENT... unless that agent is acting like and positioning themselves just like such stereotypes. However, if that image did not exist... it wouldn't pay as well to become great at selling it. Products that sell themselves... have little to no commissions.
Agreed. The fact that this industry has that reputation only makes you shine brighter when the client is happy with your work.

And a great way to really stand out... is to create and give these "Client Archive Cases" to your clients. It helps you increase your quality of annual reviews AND no one else is doing this on a regular basis, right?

This means that you will have EARNED the right to ask for professional introductions, because you are vastly different and at a higher level of professionalism than anyone else they have ever met with.

Back