Sell Insurance Remotely

I am actually working at doing the Same thing, but in Puerto Rico, starting week after next. You might want to look at USVI and PR because they are in the Caribbeans and part of the United States, you can get there residential license, and get none residential in the other states. Also, you do not have to be in a rush to change over license, as long as you do it within a reasonable time.

You would think so but I have always been a bit lazy. :biggrin:

Honestly though, back when I started, everything was F2F. No internet, Email, cell phones mapquest, copiers or faxes at home, hell no need for a fax we had to mail everything. first laptop I saw was bigger than my luggage. I think it was something like 30 lbs. No such thing as store bought leads. Had to walk up hill to see a client in the snow and rain. then up hill to get back to the car. :1confused:

Well it was California and those shifting tetonic plates will do that to you.

We have had agents spend years traveling or living abroad. It will be no problem under certain conditions. As long as you retain residency in your home state you're fine. Are you keeping you DL and bank account in your home state? Will you retain a mailing address and pay taxes to your home state? If so, you are still a resident and likely eligible to keep your license. If you are moving to PR or USVI then you can get a license there and still sell stateside. If you give up your state residence and make a permanent move and are not living in PR or USVI, then you would have a problem.

I would get a RingCentral toll-free fax and use Skype for a local phone #. Selling over the phone is no problem once you get the hang of it.

Our entire company works remotely and its 100% virtual selling life and health over the phone. I also have a couple agents who live outside the U.S. but they have a residence in the states.

Back