Selling in As Much States As I Can

I'm a life, DI and annuty agent and I want to sell nation wide, because of the leads and business chance, I know I have to take licencing state by state, Any recomendation, there is any main states to start with?, what about the most usefull carrier to be appointed with?, ... and as much help as you can give me it would be nice.
I want to start as a independant agent, any partner to joing?
any lead company can you recomend?
I live in Florida..

I'm a life, DI and annuty agent and I want to sell nation wide, because of the leads and business chance, I know I have to take licencing state by state, Any recomendation, there is any main states to start with?, what about the most usefull carrier to be appointed with?, ... and as much help as you can give me it would be nice.
I live in Florida..

These guys are great w/ life:

http://digitalbga.com

There are only a handful of DI carriers so you can pick them up as you go.

Annuities are going to depend on what type of product you want to write.

Good luck!

I live in Florida..

First of all, you don't have to take a licensing exam in each state, just your home state (Florida). From their, you would use NIPR or SIRCON and apply for reciprocal licenses in each state you would like to be licensed in.

You will want a great portfolio of carriers, that way, no matter the house you go in, you will have a product that can serve that specific client.

Stay away from being a captive agent... independent agent is where the money, freedom and the good life exists.

For leads, a DM lead order is what I recommend. Be mindful that many IMO's will sell you their leads, and then resale them and resale them... recycle, rinse repeat! Not good for the agent. You want an IMO, like mine, that will provide you with a fixed cost EXCLUSIVE lead program, meaning YOU own your own leads and they aren't resold.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

First of all, you don't have to take a licensing exam in each state, just your home state (Florida). From their, you would use NIPR or SIRCON and apply for reciprocal licenses in each state you would like to be licensed in.

You will want a great portfolio of carriers, that way, no matter the house you go in, you will have a product that can serve that specific client.

Stay away from being a captive agent... independent agent is where the money, freedom and the good life exists.

For leads, a DM lead order is what I recommend. Be mindful that many IMO's will sell you their leads, and then resale them and resale them... recycle, rinse repeat! Not good for the agent. You want an IMO, like mine, that will provide you with a fixed cost EXCLUSIVE lead program, meaning YOU own your own leads and they aren't resold.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Where are you getting fixed cost DM disability and annuity leads?

I'm very ignorant of life, DI and annuities. I'm just a P&C agent.

Maybe your side is different from the P&C side, but I'm in 6 states. and that's about the max of all I can handle. I couldn't imagine taking on so many more states. too much of a learning curve, as each state's laws are so different.

do you want to be an agent or a commodity broker?

I'm very ignorant of life, DI and annuities. I'm just a P&C agent.

Maybe your side is different from the P&C side, but I'm in 6 states. and that's about the max of all I can handle. I couldn't imagine taking on so many more states. too much of a learning curve, as each state's laws are so different.

do you want to be an agent or a commodity broker?

Life is all but the same in every state. Very rare to see a difference premium and only minor changes in underwriting. There are some, but nothing huge. I believe a little more variation in DI and annuities. Nothing at all like P&C.

Back