Senior Expo-how Do I Get the Appoitnments to Get the Sales N'at?

traceyemoon

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
In our little local mall, our state rep hosts a senior expo. Free to attend (for both vendors and seniors). I have an 8' table and last year did very general Medicare info & handouts on one side (all from Medicare.gov) but had Life Insurance as my main focus. Freebies are tablets from the Life company and I always buy the little packages of glass cleaner/wipes for glasses too. Last year I ended up with people calling all year for random ACA, Medicare and Life appointments. I sold 16 ACA, 20 Medicare and 2 Life from a 9-12 gig. That does not count the number of referrals that I ended up with (mostly Medicare and double that number).

I need more in the Life category...most people get an odd look about Life insurance and I think that is mostly because they don't know how it works, how much it costs, and how to ask.

Anyone have some user-friendly-don't scare-the-natives kind of suggestions?

**ACK!!! Totally misread the original. See that's what happens when you do drugs!!! Don't do drugs kids!**

I'm looking into that myself. Basically it's just a matter of contacting the expo and renting a table from them.

The two local expo's here are about $500 a piece for floor space. Plus what ever you spend on banners, promo items and such. However you can generate several qualified leads to make it worth your time.

Last edited:
I suggest instead of "life insurance" you promote SPLI as a way to increase the amount left to heirs, much better growth potential (index), and access to funds. I'm moving into this and can help with contracts for a couple of simplified issue products.

Let me know if you want more information.

Rick

TampaHound-Nice thing about this expo? Tables are free. 400+ seniors on a shark-week worthy freebie frenzy.

GreenSky-Willing to show my ignorance...what is SPLI?:err:

TampaHound-Nice thing about this expo? Tables are free. 400+ seniors on a shark-week worthy freebie frenzy.

GreenSky-Willing to show my ignorance...what is SPLI?:err:

Single Premium Life Insurance. It's rarely sold and there should be a large market for this type of coverage.

Send me your phone number and I'll call you.

Rick

Single Premium Life Insurance. It's rarely sold and there should be a large market for this type of coverage.

Medicare insurance products seem to require a lot of "after sale" sales organizational support.

How much of a support structure does a sales person have to create for customer support after the sale of an SPLI product?

Medicare insurance products seem to require a lot of "after sale" sales organizational support.

How much of a support structure does a sales person have to create for customer support after the sale of an SPLI product?

If you were an agent and that question mattered I'd answer it.

Rick

Latest posts

Back