Senior Life Insurance Company in Thomasville

7smitty14

I really hate to talked bad about a company. I started working there in 2007 and i have just recently quit thank God. The company is set up so only certain individuals make the big bucks. Their persistency as a company is horrible and they are not even rated nor do they have a corporate website. They got into some financial trouble and had to dip into there reserves, A state law states that an insurance company cannot dip below a certain amount on there reserves, but they went well below what the amount is supposed to be. The leads are horrble. Some of them have no names on them and you have to pay for them anyways. They force you to get leads. That is a fact. You have no say in what kind or how many you get. They make promises they cant keep. The lead company is owned by rosemarie powell for crying out loud. Hello!!! Cant you read the writing on the wall here! You have to get at least 500 a week in leads to pay for there crappy butwipe leads. The leads are very inconsistent. I got burnt out and lost the drive i had the first year and a half i had while working for senior life bc of the dishonesty and the integrity of the people that run the business. People like bobby rodriguez telling people that he is ron powells "pet" and that ron will do whatever he wants him to do, just watch!, is the kind of people that run the show. Him sitting there wroking nothing but tv leads while everyone else works direct mail and dialers and then they tell you they dont have no tv leads. Of cousre they dont, they give them all to bobby.!!! Then you got Mike hicks, the #1 agent in the company having an affair on his wife with a lady that i will not name that works for the company in the same buliding that mike does. Everyone knows. Well, why he is cheating on his wife, he cheats on the girl he is cheating with with a girl he hired that was only 23 years old. mike is like 45. How low is that. The company just turns there head and will not do anything about it. lol what a pathetic joke. He gets excused bc he writes so much business. Its all about money. Senior Life is be Investegated by the dept of insurance and commerce right now or was recently bc they dont pay there claims and they have had several lawsuits brought against them by clients who could not collect on their death claim. When you are struggling they tell you it will be ok. They tell you this and you are sitting there with a $2000 lead debt. What do they do to help get you out? They give you $500 of more biu and direct mail leads. Its all they can do bc they suck!!!! They have a money flow problem. There is no training. I have since left and i work for a company and i get leads for free that are so much better its not even funny. I talk to them and sale it right over the phone. I dont have to do any paperwork or any recording and the client is told right over the phone if they are approved or not and then before we get off phone they have a polic number. My life is stress free now that i dont have to work at senior life anymore. Wat a joke for a company. Its all about money when you work there. Its not about helping others and integrity and honesty. They tell you when you sign up that you are an independent agent and can be you own boss. Well that as as far from the truth as the east is from the west!!!!!!! You have to come in at a certain time and leave at a certain time. They also charge like 100 bucks a month in cubicle rent fee. So on average you are having to pay $1500 -$2000 a month on leads plus your rent fee. They have about 700 agents working for them. You do the math. Lets say that the avg agent gets $400 a week in leads times 4 = $1600 in lead cost a month. Now times that times 12. That equals $19,200 a year per agent in leads. Multiply that time 700. That is almost 20 million a year in lead cost and yet they tell you they dont make a dime of leads. That is BS!!!!!!!!!!! The post office cuts a break when you mail in bulk. They make a killing off lead cost. So anyone who signs up with them, just remember one thing. You are helping them make money and they dont care about you. and whether you make it or not. I advise you to steer clear of this kinda business. It is set up so certain people reap the rewards while you sit there each week and come into work on monday already owing the company $500 bucks when you sit down. Enuff said. i could go on and on.......:mad:

I really hate to talked bad about a company. I started working there in 2007 and i have just recently quit thank God. The company is set up so only certain individuals make the big bucks. Their persistency as a company is horrible and they are not even rated nor do they have a corporate website. They got into some financial trouble and had to dip into there reserves, A state law states that an insurance company cannot dip below a certain amount on there reserves, but they went well below what the amount is supposed to be. The leads are horrble. Some of them have no names on them and you have to pay for them anyways. They force you to get leads. That is a fact. You have no say in what kind or how many you get. They make promises they cant keep. The lead company is owned by rosemarie powell for crying out loud. Hello!!! Cant you read the writing on the wall here! You have to get at least 500 a week in leads to pay for there crappy butwipe leads. The leads are very inconsistent. I got burnt out and lost the drive i had the first year and a half i had while working for senior life bc of the dishonesty and the integrity of the people that run the business. People like bobby rodriguez telling people that he is ron powells "pet" and that ron will do whatever he wants him to do, just watch!, is the kind of people that run the show. Him sitting there wroking nothing but tv leads while everyone else works direct mail and dialers and then they tell you they dont have no tv leads. Of cousre they dont, they give them all to bobby.!!! Then you got Mike hicks, the #1 agent in the company having an affair on his wife with a lady that i will not name that works for the company in the same buliding that mike does. Everyone knows. Well, why he is cheating on his wife, he cheats on the girl he is cheating with with a girl he hired that was only 23 years old. mike is like 45. How low is that. The company just turns there head and will not do anything about it. lol what a pathetic joke. He gets excused bc he writes so much business. Its all about money. Senior Life is be Investegated by the dept of insurance and commerce right now or was recently bc they dont pay there claims and they have had several lawsuits brought against them by clients who could not collect on their death claim. When you are struggling they tell you it will be ok. They tell you this and you are sitting there with a $2000 lead debt. What do they do to help get you out? They give you $500 of more biu and direct mail leads. Its all they can do bc they suck!!!! They have a money flow problem. There is no training. I have since left and i work for a company and i get leads for free that are so much better its not even funny. I talk to them and sale it right over the phone. I dont have to do any paperwork or any recording and the client is told right over the phone if they are approved or not and then before we get off phone they have a polic number. My life is stress free now that i dont have to work at senior life anymore. Wat a joke for a company. Its all about money when you work there. Its not about helping others and integrity and honesty. They tell you when you sign up that you are an independent agent and can be you own boss. Well that as as far from the truth as the east is from the west!!!!!!! You have to come in at a certain time and leave at a certain time. They also charge like 100 bucks a month in cubicle rent fee. So on average you are having to pay $1500 -$2000 a month on leads plus your rent fee. They have about 700 agents working for them. You do the math. Lets say that the avg agent gets $400 a week in leads times 4 = $1600 in lead cost a month. Now times that times 12. That equals $19,200 a year per agent in leads. Multiply that time 700. That is almost 20 million a year in lead cost and yet they tell you they dont make a dime of leads. That is BS!!!!!!!!!!! The post office cuts a break when you mail in bulk. They make a killing off lead cost. So anyone who signs up with them, just remember one thing. You are helping them make money and they dont care about you. and whether you make it or not. I advise you to steer clear of this kinda business. It is set up so certain people reap the rewards while you sit there each week and come into work on monday already owing the company $500 bucks when you sit down. Enuff said. i could go on and on.......:mad:

What' the new co. you are now writing for? How are these "free" leads generated? Are the leads exclusive?

dont know who you are green sky but GOOD BYE is right on!!! On to making money the honest way! I am not going to talk about the company i work for right now. I work for 3 diff ones and they do sales and record apps right over the phone. I made 250 bucks day one. i called 3 people and sold 1. Got paid direct deposit 2 days later. I have been setting up a room in my house so i can do it from home. After seeing how much easier it was and stress free it is i thought to myself how i would have wished i would have known about this 2 years ago. i know more about senior life than most people. When you know to much its a bad thing and you become a threat. Senior life will fall in due time.. a company cannot survive when persistency is only 60%.and it gets worse each month

... owing the company $500 bucks when you sit down. Enuff said. i could go on and on.......:mad:
Smitty, your frustration is thick enough to cut with an ax...chill out and take what you learned and make sure you do better due diligence before signing on with the next agency. I have been on your Alma Mater's mailing/emailing recruiting campaigns and have even sent in some paperwork, but after speaking with the "sales manager" and talking about the leads system, I got a funny smell and backed out. One of the few times my intuition seems to have been right. I believe in always doing the right thing, so that the right thing will always do you.
Alph-red-o:1wink:

I just recently interviewed with them. I live in Thomasville and know one of the team leaders.
They told me $50 a month cubicle fee. They were upfront with me I thought in the interview.

Sitting in a cubicle is not for me folks! I also didn't like the idea of starting out in debt with the lead system, not even knowing if I would last at that job.

I think I will be a Woodman.:yes:

I saw you're post just as my company was considering getting licensed with Senior Life. After further investigation we have come to realize that there are a lot of issues like yours concerning this company. So we have decided not to affiliate ourselves with them.

Latest posts

Back