Seroquel

MIM

Guru
100+ Post Club
45 yr old Male Non Tobacco Ht and Wt both good.

I did a search on this drug to see if there was anything in regards to risk assessment for anyone on this drug. The last thread I saw with Seroquel listed was over 2 years old so I figured I'd start a new one. Has anyone seen a carrier approve a case where the insured was prescribed this drug ? (Pru, Metlife, AG, Banner, etc.) No other health issues other than the Seroquel.

I figured it would be a no but I wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance for the feedback. As always, this forum is a great help.

MIM :GEEK::idea:

45 yr old Male Non Tobacco Ht and Wt both good.

I did a search on this drug to see if there was anything in regards to risk assessment for anyone on this drug. The last thread I saw with Seroquel listed was over 2 years old so I figured I'd start a new one. Has anyone seen a carrier approve a case where the insured was prescribed this drug ? (Pru, Metlife, AG, Banner, etc.) No other health issues other than the Seroquel.

I figured it would be a no but I wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance for the feedback. As always, this forum is a great help.

Depends on what the condition is. Common drug for Manic Depression, which can be tricky to underwrite for a multitude of reasons. Also commonly used for psychosis and/or schizophrenia.

Chances are pretty good that if they are on this drug, their condition is relatively serious. So history of compliance with recommended treatment is super important (and this means not just the drugs, but any other recommended treatment).

Strange there are no other RXs. It is also prescribed off label for sleep. Depends on the milligrams. Under 50 and at night could be for sleep. Anything into the hundreds of milligrams and you might have a crazy. Didn't you ask what this person was taking it for?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you know how it goes.

It is not a knock out drug for fully underwritten..... depends on the reason for the prescription and what comes up on the APS.... There will be one for sure.

Any hint of Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia, Psychosis, or Autism will probably get you declined by most Term Carriers.

You may have more luck with FE Carriers such as Transamerica Preferred, Settlers Silver, SLAICO - SubStandard Level, UHL Deluxe......

Back