Share Some of Your Best Language, Ideas, Rebuttals and Successes

It does. Results over image any day of the week. Since insurance can only be touched and felt after it is sold or used, anything you can do bring the client into an interactive environment before the transaction is a bonus.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wives might not believe in life insurance, but widows always do

"Insurance poor" applies now and it can apply when you're on your death bed. However, the meaning changes completely!

Here is one from Feldman that I use daily:

"Let's use life insurance to keep together what you've put together"

Last edited:
It does. Results over image any day of the week. Since insurance can only be touched and felt after it is sold or used, anything you can do bring the client into an interactive environment before the transaction is a bonus.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wives might not believe in life insurance, but widows always do

"Insurance poor" applies now and it can apply when you're on your death bed. However, the meaning changes completely!

Here is one from Feldman that I use daily:

"Let's use life insurance to keep together what you've put together"

I'm not buying what you are selling. Just what are these results you claim to get?

Commish and the reward knowing that I made someone's life a little better. If the client doesn't have the cash for mg, I'll sell life with ltc rider

I'm a fan of these products...Genworth, PacLife, State Life (and of course LNC) all offer this type of contract (I'm sure there are others...not to mention asset-based LTC/annuity options). For the right client, the LTC leverage and flexibility make them pretty attractive.

I complete a comprehensive fact-finder with prospects in a first meeting to understand their current financial position, assets & liabilities, money philososphy, wills benificiary and executor information, retirement desires, and current insurance information.

My fact-finder question regarding life insurance are only these four:
  1. "what are your thoughts regarding life insurance?
  2. "How long do you want your life insurance to last?" (so simple yet so revealing).
  3. "do you currently rent or own your life insurance?" (to understand a clients knowledge base)
  4. "has your accountant, attorney, or banker ever discussed with you the tax benefits of owning your life insurance?"

I complete a comprehensive fact-finder with prospects in a first meeting to understand their current financial position, assets & liabilities, money philososphy, wills benificiary and executor information, retirement desires, and current insurance information.

1. "what are your thoughts regarding life insurance?
  2. "How long do you want your life insurance to last?" (so simple yet so revealing).
  3. "do you currently rent or own your life insurance?" (to understand a clients knowledge base)
  4. "has your accountant, attorney, or banker ever discussed with you the tax benefits of owning your life insurance?"

CFP83 - All good points & verbiage.

On the life insurance front I generally sell to wealthier clients and use the mutual firms. When speaking about permanent coverage one of my favorite lines simply because of the tax benefits if a client is young enough, healthy and has the capital, “I can make an economic argument I won't lose that this makes sense over the long haul”. Which I can – but FYI nobody has EVER once asked me to make it.
I think #3 is a great concept as well and almost always use the rent or own analogy. Why did you buy your home/apartment? Why not rent? If you are going to be somewhere for the long haul it makes prudent sense to buy, right?

[*]"what are your thoughts regarding life insurance?
[*]"How long do you want your life insurance to last?" (so simple yet so revealing).
[*]"do you currently rent or own your life insurance?" (to understand a clients knowledge base)
[*]"has your accountant, attorney, or banker ever discussed with you the tax benefits of owning your life insurance?"

Excellent, excellent stuff right there.

Just think of how many people will look at you with a puzzled look when you put these questions to them.

These are great questions for all the people who say " Im all set"

Which is pretty much everyone... :yes:

Good Stuff...

Back