Share Some of Your Best Language, Ideas, Rebuttals and Successes

I work in a call center and i'm used to hearing "i'm not interested" so i've had success with "Well i'm sure you're not interested! I bet you get calls like this all the time, but if you give me just a minute I can explain just how important this is to you"

I mentioned to one of the field agents in our call center that i've always had a problem freezing up when people tell me that they've got money in the bank for their funeral/they don't need insurance because they're well off and she told me to ask "Well, let me as you this: Would you rather spend your hard earned money or (insurance money) on your burial?"
I closed a reluctant (and large) sale with that line the next day.
It's a pain getting social security numbers/account numbers so I usually tell people that it's just as easy to lie in person as it is over the phone. Either way you're going to have to part with that information, at least you can save money with me over the phone.
When people ask me why I do business over the phone I pull the woman card "Mr. Stanley do you really think it's safe for me a woman to be roaming the streets these days? I prefer the safety and comfort of my office and I can help many many people in a day versus only a few if I was driving around to my clients."
I also compare the call center to getting diabetic supplies via the mail "Mrs. Hattie, you know how sometimes medicines can be cheaper in the mail? Well this can be done over the phone and you save money that way."
"Chain letter" sometimes if someone won't give another agent their information just get someone else to call from the "______ department" and just hearing a different person makes people feel like we're a huge massive company when it's really just like 10 of us.
If I start to feel resistance I ask to speak to their kids before they have a chance to get uncomfortable and do it first. It's easier to speak to the kids of an 82 year old client about electronic checks anyways.
"You don't want to use your account? Well honey if something happens to you and you end up in the hospital we don't want you loosing your insurance too!"

"Oh you can't afford $30 a month? Well then you need this even more because you really can't afford a burial!"
"You've never had to deal with funerals? Well I promise you'll be going to at least one: yours."

I remind people that they'll be in heaven but someone down here is going to be left to handle all of this stuff.

If a senior is on 16 medicines and left one out: it is most certainly for dementia or alzheimer's. We always forget our memory medicines. I've done that multiple times and now I take my time and make sure to be thorough.

I always explain ROP and graded products and I always tell my clients how their beneficiaries collect that money.

I know it's corny, but it works for me. :)

I work in a call center and i'm used to hearing "i'm not interested" so i've had success with "Well i'm sure you're not interested! I bet you get calls like this all the time, but if you give me just a minute I can explain just how important this is to you"

I mentioned to one of the field agents in our call center that i've always had a problem freezing up when people tell me that they've got money in the bank for their funeral/they don't need insurance because they're well off and she told me to ask "Well, let me as you this: Would you rather spend your hard earned money or (insurance money) on your burial?"
I closed a reluctant (and large) sale with that line the next day.
It's a pain getting social security numbers/account numbers so I usually tell people that it's just as easy to lie in person as it is over the phone. Either way you're going to have to part with that information, at least you can save money with me over the phone.
When people ask me why I do business over the phone I pull the woman card "Mr. Stanley do you really think it's safe for me a woman to be roaming the streets these days? I prefer the safety and comfort of my office and I can help many many people in a day versus only a few if I was driving around to my clients."
I also compare the call center to getting diabetic supplies via the mail "Mrs. Hattie, you know how sometimes medicines can be cheaper in the mail? Well this can be done over the phone and you save money that way."
"Chain letter" sometimes if someone won't give another agent their information just get someone else to call from the "______ department" and just hearing a different person makes people feel like we're a huge massive company when it's really just like 10 of us.
If I start to feel resistance I ask to speak to their kids before they have a chance to get uncomfortable and do it first. It's easier to speak to the kids of an 82 year old client about electronic checks anyways.
"You don't want to use your account? Well honey if something happens to you and you end up in the hospital we don't want you loosing your insurance too!"

"Oh you can't afford $30 a month? Well then you need this even more because you really can't afford a burial!"
"You've never had to deal with funerals? Well I promise you'll be going to at least one: yours."

I remind people that they'll be in heaven but someone down here is going to be left to handle all of this stuff.

If a senior is on 16 medicines and left one out: it is most certainly for dementia or alzheimer's. We always forget our memory medicines. I've done that multiple times and now I take my time and make sure to be thorough.

I always explain ROP and graded products and I always tell my clients how their beneficiaries collect that money.

I know it's corny, but it works for me. :)

Very nice and thanks for sharing.

Call center huh? What type of commissions are they paying you?

If you're good on the phone, you can be even better in person and make more commission off each sale.

Ignore the objection and proceed with the call. "Not a problem was this for an individual or family plan"?

This-Is-Why-People-Avoid-LIfe-Insurance-Agents-meme-40854.jpg

There's a difference between IGNORING what someone is saying... and letting it phase you. Don't let it phase you, but don't ignore what they are saying either.

You need to decipher whether it's a 'knee-jerk' response, or if it's a true, genuine objection or condition. If you're getting 2 or more objections... it's a no. Face it. Thank them and move on.

I think keeping it simple is the best way. Just be transparent.

When I get, No's, I just ask them if I can follow up with them 6 months from now since peoples needs are constantly changing. Ive gotten a couple "thank you" and even, "Id appreciate that" just by asking this alone.

If they really dont want your service after asking that theyll make it clear. Time to end it nicely and just move on.

Obviously it depends on how it's used.

Where do I see these worldly cold call trainer rankings anyway?

Did he get an award for being the #1 cold call trainer in the world?

Back