Share Some of Your Best Language, Ideas, Rebuttals and Successes

NYC Adam

Expert
I thought to share some of the best thoughts, lines, rebuttals, language for cold calling & referrals, closes, attention getting language, etc we each have learned over our careers and land them in one thread - maybe even a success story - anything that you feel could help others excel. It can be policy/line specific or general.

Last edited:
I thought to share some of the best thoughts, lines, rebuttals, language for cold calling & referrals, etc we each have learned over our careers and land them in one thread. maybe even a success story - anthing that you feel could help others excel. It can be policy/line specific or general.

My favorite is 'goodbye'.
If they start putting up objections, I move on. Data is really cheap, there is no need to waste time trying to talk someone into something when there isn't an initial interest. It's all about the numbers. Burn through that list until you hit the ones just waiting for your call. The low lying fruit is the sweetest.

I cold call f2f, so I don't how this works on the phone, but when I'm starting to get sales resistance, I simply redirect them with, "hey, that's okay...Mrs. Jones, can I ask you a question?"

One, it seems like you're letting them off the hook, so they relax a bit and perhaps begin to act like a real person. Two, it stops them from talking. And three, nearly everyone answers yes to that question.

The question you ask can be anything ("if I could show you a way to save a few hundred dollars, would you have any objection to me showing you what I do?" Or whatever.)

I love when people put up a wall and object - if I don't beat them to the punch. Let's get all the reasons NOT to meet, apply, buy, etc out of the way, dispel the preconceived notions and get on with the fun stuff.

Live= LTC benefit

Die= death benefit

Quit= walk away benefit.

It's not an FE product. It's a single pay life policy that is often bought for the LTC feature.

For mg-take six singles out of your pocket. Put em on the table in 3 stacks. 3 for the ltc, 2 for the db, hand the dollar to the client and say "or take your moneyback any time you want"

Back