She is in Hospice

Blessed

Expert
Does any one know a life insurance company that will insure someone in hospice (Final Expense). She is just 55 years old, and lives in New York.

Even if you wrote a GI policy. It will be charged back. It also will give the family false hope that there ~may be~ money there for the final expense.

Direct them to a funeral home.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record but it's call Preneed Funeral Insurance. I write people in hospice all the time.

Contrary to popular belief, many people are in hospice for a long time. Hospice just means they have a terminal illness and they are no longer attempting to cure it. They are just treating for pain.

I wrote one this week that has been under hospice care for 2-years.

With the right company 35% benefit starts after the 6th month. 70% at the 12th.

Tell them to call their local funeral home is a good start. If they don't offer multi-pay life insurance funded preplans move on to the next one. It won't likely pay much to the agent but it can save the family thousands of dollars.

Even if you wrote a GI policy. It will be charged back. It also will give the family false hope that there ~may be~ money there for the final expense.

Direct them to a funeral home.

Every company does not charge back on the graded. LH doesn't, RNA doesn't. There may be more, but, I know for a fact that those two don't.

Every company does not charge back on the graded. LH doesn't, RNA doesn't. There may be more, but, I know for a fact that those two don't.

I stand corrected. I was more referring about advanced commission. And Guaranteed/mod (ROP) as opposed to Graded (30%-70%-100%).
Also Newby mentioned that hospice can be a longer term situation than I have experianced.
So a GI could work, however, still sounds like a Preneed may be safer bet.

Thanks for info.

Back