Soliciting Start Up Advice

TimDSmythe

Located in Upstate NY
Had a stint with NILICO (AIL outside of NY) yrs. ago and did very well.
Recently got back in the game with Liberty Mutual (didn't go well, not a fan of P&C "sales" aka assisting price shoppers).

Right now I'm contracted in the Sr. Markets (FE, MA, Med Supps) with a local outfit.

However I want to start my own contracting independently (I'm not a captive agent) for Term, Whole Life and IUL.

What companies could I contract with directly??
Looking for 3 for healthy people and maybe 2 for underwriting those with one foot in the grave.
-I'm looking for best products, A and above AM Best ratings and preferably "mutual companies"

Thanks ahead!!

I would look at Ohio National, and Mass Mutual. Mutual companies with great products and will go direct. One America is a solid option as well but you might need to contract through an up line. I can connect you with mine if interested.

Why do you want to go direct? You must have the office staff to handle all the back end work for the same or less comp.

Be careful with contracting direct with mutuals. From my experience, they put you at lower comp than a good BGA and your only leverage is just the business you write with them.

I would look at Ohio National, and Mass Mutual. Mutual companies with great products and will go direct. One America is a solid option as well but you might need to contract through an up line. I can connect you with mine if interested.

Ohio National and OneAmerica are not in NY.

----------

Located in Upstate NY
Had a stint with NILICO (AIL outside of NY) yrs. ago and did very well.
Recently got back in the game with Liberty Mutual (didn't go well, not a fan of P&C "sales" aka assisting price shoppers).

Right now I'm contracted in the Sr. Markets (FE, MA, Med Supps) with a local outfit.

However I want to start my own contracting independently (I'm not a captive agent) for Term, Whole Life and IUL.

What companies could I contract with directly??
Looking for 3 for healthy people and maybe 2 for underwriting those with one foot in the grave.
-I'm looking for best products, A and above AM Best ratings and preferably "mutual companies"

Thanks ahead!!

If you want term and IUL, you're not going to want mutual.

You need William Penn, US Life, Pru, and Lincoln at a minimum....none of which will contract you direct.

Back