Stand Alone Child Life Policies

And correct me if I'm wrong, but from a financial standpoint on a child, it would always make better sense to use a limited pay option? ---------- Well that definitely seems like the best deal. Is that the price for a male age 0?

Financially the best deal is to not have kids.

Financially the best deal is to not have kids.

Tell me about it LOL. I should get a discount for all the Gerber good start formula I buy. For some reason generic is good enough for us, but for the baby everything has to be name brand. We even buy special water for the formula... It's ridiculous!

Tell me about it LOL. I should get a discount for all the Gerber good start formula I buy. For some reason generic is good enough for us, but for the baby everything has to be name brand. We even buy special water for the formula... It's ridiculous!

Maybe he will put you in a good nursing home someday.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but from a financial standpoint on a child, it would always make better sense to use a limited pay option?

----------

Well that definitely seems like the best deal. Is that the price for a male age 0?

I think that limited pay is best for a kid.

And I just realized that I did not have the GIO rider checked off on that quote or something. It would be $21/m for a 2 year old male with GIO rider. Still a good deal.

I think that limited pay is best for a kid. And I just realized that I did not have the GIO rider checked off on that quote or something. It would be $21/m for a 2 year old male with GIO rider. Still a good deal.

I thought that sounded too good to be true. What about for a 0 male with gio?

MoO will do $20K for $7/mo? That's cheap. The 4 purchase options are for the original face?

Do they have a 10/20 pay option?

Man that's cheap!

----------

What's the max face for MoO?

No, full pay. $30,000.00 max. Age 0 is $10mo for $30,000.

This thread is a good example of why people need to deal with a Life Insurance agent. Are we talking a middle class married couple with one child to insure or a low income single young mom with 3 kids under 7 years old and one on deck?

And you think that underwriting is going to approve half a million on most two year olds? :skeptical:

So what's the max you think a company will issue on a 2 year old?

Incidentally, over 30 years ago, I got $1m issued on an infant.

----------

Imo Mass and Guardian are the best choices for kids.

A $50k Guardian 20pay WL would be $26/m. That would include a Guaranteed Insurability Rider that would guarantee them the chance to buy a $50k policy up to 8 times before they hit age 45.

A $50k Mass 20pay would be $45/m. But it would include a $100k Guaranteed Insurability Rider.

You see, this is what is silly about people who insure children. What will $50,000 be worth by the time a child becomes an adult?

It's tantamount to p!ssing into the wind.

If you care about insurability, then get serious.

Other than that, insuring a child is insuring a financial liability. It's stupid. While the death of a child will cost you a funeral, you don't have to feed and clothe them anymore, you are financially ahead.

Friend of mine has done several policies between $1m-$1.5m on children under 1. Of course these aren't close to the norm, but can certainly be done. I don't know what the max a company would issue is... my guess is quite a bit more than that.

I've done $250k-500k on young kids (youngest was age 11) without much issue at all. I also prefer the short pay, but have done both.

Smaller policies $20k-$100k are probably more the norm.

Back