Starting Out

eyywillner

Hi. I have an insurance license but for all practical purposes, no experience. What can I do to learn the business and make money without having to commit to any specific hours and give up my current schedule? Any advice would be appreciated.

So you don't have any money and can't commit to a schedule? Primerica I'd an option, but realistically you'd be better off trying to get money and/or time. The failure rate is high and you're really stacking the off against yourself by having those two limits.

Hi. I have an insurance license but for all practical purposes, no experience. What can I do to learn the business and make money without having to commit to any specific hours and give up my current schedule? Any advice would be appreciated.

I can help you. You could join me as an Independent agent and learn the ropes of the business till you are experienced. Whats more, you are your own boss and your c=schedule won't be affected. You could quote me and lets start from there, i am willing to help you.

I can help you. You could join me as an Independent agent and learn the ropes of the business till you are experienced. Whats more, you are your own boss and your c=schedule won't be affected. You could quote me and lets start from there, i am willing to help you.

That's recruiting and spamming.

----------

If you want to help someone, give them advice for their situation.

Here's some of my best ideas for anyone going into this industry:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...nsurance/guidance-new-life-agents-t29999.html

Do you have a target market in mind or niche you would like to pursue?

Working class people?

Business owners?

Seniors?

Do you have a full time job? I'm in the same boat... There are a couple of things I'm trying out until I make enough to be able to leave my job... we can share some ideas.

Do you have a full time job? I'm in the same boat... There are a couple of things I'm trying out until I make enough to be able to leave my job... we can share some ideas.

I'd be happy to hear your ideas. Ty

How do I do that?

Go to a big Mutual and soak up their training and get out. Or go to Jones and get a base pay. Part time agents are the reason the rest of us have it so rough, because of the perception that part-timers put out. At the same time, once you do go full time; replacing a part-timers policy is a cakewalk. This is a business that either requires a bunch of time or money to get started, usually a combination of the 2.

DHK is amazing, you should absolutely listen to his every word.

Also, go knock on strangers doors and put in some sweat and shoe leather once you get an outfit.

To be honest, the best advice I've ever received (from another industry manager) is that if you're standing in shallow water you'll never learn to swim.

----------

Also, what kind of insurance license???

Back