Steve Savant Interviews Wayne Cotton

I never saw anything like what you're talking about. The only thing close to that, was in an online report called "Financial Planning Clowns". And yes, I downloaded it and I have it.

Here's what it says:
Don’t steal books and software!
Don’t purchase books and software and copy them – then return the products and ask for your money back! I guess the financial planners and agents who do this are the lowest of the low. Talk about a lack of class, ethics, honor, etc. I suspect that those people will not last long as planners or as anything else. At least I hope not. Don’t you fear for the person or persons who might be their clients? Word gets around, eventually.

With that quote, I 100% completely agree. If you find the materials helpful, keep them and pay for them. If not, return them. But don't keep it AND return it. That's horrible.

Everywhere on the IPS members site it says this:
30 Day 'Risk Free' Trial... 100% Money Back Guarantee

No long-term commitment, you can cancel anytime.

I, myself, subscribe "off an on". Cancelling via email has never been an issue.

The value in the $25/month membership... is in the online videos. Without those videos, there's a lot of other "junk" and stuff to wade through, I agree.

Without the online videos, I wouldn't be talking about it. In my opinion, it is the #1 way to get an agent started with practically no money out of pocket. Just watch those videos and get to work.

The "Trusted Advisor Success Training" videos alone are sold for $399, and are a live recording of a workshop that costs around $1,000 or more (not including hotel, airfare, car, etc.) to attend. For $25/month, to view a slightly older recording of that training... is well worth the tiny investment and your time.

The members only site used to be $49/month... with far less useful content, in my opinion. They lowered it to $12.95/month back in 2009... and have been steadily increasing the price of it since. Today it's $25/month and they will eventually increase it to $49/month again. But those who choose to "lock in" their membership for the long-term will be able to keep it at that pricing.

Last edited:
I believe the current price is ~$2,000. As far as your business model, unless you're doing the "selling term at my kitchen table in my underwear over the phone" thing, what about your business model would make this not work for you?

And as it has been said earlier, what you're paying for is more of the philosophies which is of far greater value than the brochures or scripts.

After doing some due diligence, I sent them my payment. I would still be lying if I told you I wasn't hesitant on spending the money. I spoke with a few people who use the system in different variations and the theme was the same, the referral part of the system works.

At the end of the day, I need to be more systematic about my business and add a referral arm to my efforts other than relying on unsolicited referrals. If I can phase the process fully, I will be very happy. If not, I can't see not getting my investment back plus more.

Time will tell.

After doing some due diligence, I sent them my payment. I would still be lying if I told you I wasn't hesitant on spending the money. I spoke with a few people who use the system in different variations and the theme was the same, the referral part of the system works.

At the end of the day, I need to be more systematic about my business and add a referral arm to my efforts other than relying on unsolicited referrals. If I can phase the process fully, I will be very happy. If not, I can't see not getting my investment back plus more.

Time will tell.

IF you implement the system and take the time to become proficient with the philosophies, you will be glad you purchased the system.

I bought the system too, its like the VSA almost. I got a ton of the extras including the tutor program and the extra modules. I like the system, I plan on implementing ideas from his program to suit my target market. I will be putting the system up for sale soon.

IF you implement the system and take the time to become proficient with the philosophies, you will be glad you purchased the system.

I am certainly open to opinions, maybe this will be covered as I get the system. My goal right now is to meet at least 10 new people a week and I work hard to do it. Primarily from cold calls and it takes at least 15 hours of dialing to get there. Normally I need to set 15 introductions to see 10 of them. I also get some introductions as well without asking that get phased in.

Many of those are junk, but enough pay off to keep growing and provide for immediate income needs. My plan is to keep my target steady of meeting 10 new people per week and phase in introductions. Hopefully by buying into the system and learning it, I can eventually reach 10 per week with on-profile introductions, phase out the cold calls, and increase profitability. Even 5 new introductions per week with a solid prospect profile would be more effective.

Does that sound reasonable? There are only so many hours in a day and I feel like I'm running low on time and need to be more profitable per hour worked.

I bought the system too, its like the VSA almost. I got a ton of the extras including the tutor program and the extra modules. I like the system, I plan on implementing ideas from his program to suit my target market. I will be putting the system up for sale soon.

Did you get the system a long time ago?

Back