Steve Savant Interviews Wayne Cotton

I am an advocate of the Cotton System. And if the system is worth $1100, it's worth $11,000 when considering everything.

And before you buy a used system from eBay, you might want to find out if that entitles you to the benefits of actual system ownership such as the training calls, consumables, intro brochures, etc.

It sounds like his system is based on leveraging relationships with past clients and not all-out marketing efforts, is this correct?

Are there any other systems people would recommend that also have a focus on marketing strategies?

I'm still fairly new to the insurance/financial world and looking at options for coaching/systems. I came from the Real Estate world and certainly saw the value of a good coach/system when I looked at the income of agents who used them vs those who didn't.

You would need to understand his approach and participate on a few webinars before seeing the value of what Wayne Cotton teaches. He teaches ONE single way to market... but that's really all you need.

Precision Marketing Approach

Here's a somewhat recent LinkedIn conversation in a LEAP Systems group comparing the "built in" LEAP referral guide versus the Cotton System. I think it's very applicable to this topic:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/LEAP-Referral-Guide-vs-Cotton-992687.S.213503277

----------

However, if you want to learn about marketing methods like seminars, joint ventures, booklet advertising, referrals, and a better way to use a 'project 200'... then you'll want to check out the Insurance Pro Shop and their selling systems.

The Leading Life Insurance and Annuity Tools, Tips and Training

You would need to understand his approach and participate on a few webinars before seeing the value of what Wayne Cotton teaches. He teaches ONE single way to market... but that's really all you need.

Here's a somewhat recent LinkedIn conversation in a LEAP Systems group comparing the "built in" LEAP referral guide versus the Cotton System. I think it's very applicable to this topic:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/LEAP-Referral-Guide-vs-Cotton-992687.S.213503277

----------

However, if you want to learn about marketing methods like seminars, joint ventures, booklet advertising, referrals, and a better way to use a 'project 200'... then you'll want to check out the Insurance Pro Shop and their selling systems.

The problem with Wayne's program for a newbie is that you have to know people for it to work. If you don't know anyone (or don't want to start with family and friends) then you have to find another way to build up your base before signing up with Wayne's program.

Agreed... however, in his webinars, Wayne will talk about one producer who had just moved to town and knew only 6 people. Now these details he left out, but within 30 days, he was doing business "referral only". Either he maximized and leveraged his relationships with those 6 people, or he had to go out and talk to strangers... to leverage to referrals.

----------

Thanks for the pro shop link. I had seen the other stuff in my research already but this seems a little more broken down into parts which may be more of what I'm looking for. Wayne Cotton reminds me in a lot of ways or real estate coach Brian Buffini. He's really good and is plan is based solely on referrals and building relationships. The problem is that it, at least to some degree, assumes you've got a reasonable amount of existing clients, and good ones. Most of mine so far are in certain market segments that aren't exactly what I want to be working. I keep getting a good amount of referrals and having reasonable success with them, but it's all the same type of people and not particularly profitable, rewarding, or reliable (my persistancy numbers are terrible). I really want to break into some other markets.

The problem with Wayne's program for a newbie is that you have to know people for it to work. If you don't know anyone (or don't want to start with family and friends) then you have to find another way to build up your base before signing up with Wayne's program.

I want to challenge your thinking on this. ASSUMING you learned the Cotton approach in order to use it effectively, you should be able to get introductions to anywhere from 8-12 on-profile prospects with the FIRST client you use the system on. This also includes existing clients you go back to see for a review or just to share your "business development program" with.

My point is that you don't have to have a base of hundreds to start with. You can start with a base of ONE.

Back