Suze Orman

OHFE

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
It's going to be a rough week or so. My local PBS station has been showing Suze Orman seminars all day and she is telling people to flat out never buy life insurance as a method to create a tax free retirement and only get term insurance if and only if you have people financially dependent on you. She is anti annuity as well. I agree with her in specific circumstances, but if I generalized like she does and never took into consideration a person's specific situation I'd be hauled in by the Dept of Insurance yesterday! How does she get away with it? God I can't stand her!

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

She isn't endorsing life insurance in this video. She is only endorsing borrowing from it.

Interesting how you could borrow from it if all you ever owned was term. Why do you think you will be having issues. I agreed with a statement she once made that most middle class people would not be able to fund a policy with enough money to really benefit from a permanent policy. I tell my clients I agree with that but who ever said you could only own one policy term for death benefit (to start) and whatever dollar commitment I can get max funded in an IUL.

I also tell people that her job is not to fix their problems it is to sell books and she does well. I do ask them though if they ever thought of why rich people and banks buy permanent life insurance and what they knew.

Interesting how you could borrow from it if all you ever owned was term. Why do you think you will be having issues. I agreed with a statement she once made that most middle class people would not be able to fund a policy with enough money to really benefit from a permanent policy. I tell my clients I agree with that but who ever said you could only own one policy term for death benefit (to start) and whatever dollar commitment I can get max funded in an IUL. I also tell people that her job is not to fix their problems it is to sell books and she does well. I do ask them though if they ever thought of why rich people and banks buy permanent life insurance and what they knew.

I agree with some things she says, but she makes it seem like it applies to everyone.
Today on tv she said absolutely no whole life, no iul, no VL and that anyone who sells it to you as a tax free investment vehicle is just a salesman.

I agree with some things she says, but she makes it seem like it applies to everyone.
Today on tv she said absolutely no whole life, no iul, no VL and that anyone who sells it to you as a tax free investment vehicle is just a salesman.

I saw that on TV last night...made me chuckle...my wife has been calling me a pariah all day ;)

Unfortunately when she makes that's statement she is saving quite a few from being sold garbage by unethical folks. I agree it is keeping people from getting what they need and hurting the products in general, making it difficult for ethical folks to recommend the right product.

Back