Switching IMO's

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am currently with an IMO and am appointed with Foresters and UHL for my FE clients. I am contemplating making a move to another IMO for much higher a commission schedule. My dilemma is, I am being told I have to wait 6 months to get re-appointed with UHL and Foresters to get the higher commission rate with the new IMO. is there any way around this? If not, are there alternatives to Foresters and UHL that you would recommend? I am being told for the time being (next 6 months) to just write Stonebridge instead, but they don't seem to have as low of premiums as UHL and Foresters. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

I don't sell FE but why not choose an IMO with multiple companies in case you don't get released from the two you use now?

Seems you might not have a great deal of experience so perhaps commission rate isn't as important as the direction you can get from a good IMO.

Rick

I am currently with an IMO and am appointed with Foresters and UHL for my FE clients. I am contemplating making a move to another IMO for much higher a commission schedule. My dilemma is, I am being told I have to wait 6 months to get re-appointed with UHL and Foresters to get the higher commission rate with the new IMO. is there any way around this? If not, are there alternatives to Foresters and UHL that you would recommend? I am being told for the time being (next 6 months) to just write Stonebridge instead, but they don't seem to have as low of premiums as UHL and Foresters. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Agents come to us with that same problem all the time. Most of them have more companies than you have tied up.

You have no problem. It's very easy to sell FE with no UHL and no Foresters.

This thread will help you regardless of where you go. http://fexcontracting.com/getting-started-with-fe-sales/

It sounds like you could use some direction. There are better primary carriers for FE out there. I never wrote a Foresters or a UHL in my life and can assure you that I don't get replaced very often.

The big problem with switching your current IMO is....... Once your 6 month period is over with non-production to switch IMO's without a release, you will have another 6 month period before you can receive an increase in commission.

The insurance companies do this so not to pit one IMO against another by enticing a higher commission.

This is UHL's policy and I believe Foresters may do this also.

This is another reason to deal with IMO's that are totally Transparent and have an open release policy.

Skipper

I am new ... Have been in the game only 8 mths ... Write around 7-10k per month, but only get 70% ... The IMO I am signing on with is at 115% Stonebridge for our FE and 85% with ANICO and AGLA for our mortgage protection and life cases ... Any suggestions or alternatives to UHL or Foresters would be appreciated.

QUOTE="Agentguy5;975698"] It sounds like you could use some direction. There are better primary carriers for FE out there. I never wrote a Foresters or a UHL in my life and can assure you that I don't get replaced very often.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
a

Depends on what state you are in but

Trinity/Family Benefit
TransAmerica
Oxford
Settlers
Security National
Royal Neighbors
Lafayette
Liberty Bankers
Gerber
5-Star

Are all very competitive depending on the health history.

I am new ... Have been in the game only 8 mths ... Write around 7-10k per month, but only get 70% ... The IMO I am signing on with is at 115% Stonebridge for our FE and 85% with ANICO and AGLA for our mortgage protection and life cases ... Any suggestions or alternatives to UHL or Foresters would be appreciated.

If you want to look at a complete list of FE and Morgtage Protection give me a call any time. That is our specialty.

See our attached Life carrier List, as you can see, there are many choices for you that pay solid commissions.... You are not locked in to what you are used to selling...

Attachments

• Legacy_LifeCarrier_LineUp-2015.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 43

QUOTE="Agentguy5;975698"] It sounds like you could use some direction. There are better primary carriers for FE out there. I never wrote a Foresters or a UHL in my life and can assure you that I don't get replaced very often.
[/QUOTE]

contact 360 on this forum. He will get you situated

Back