Symmetry Financial Group

I thought so...they are so like NAA. I was trying to get into NAA and there is so much to do just to get contracted with the carriers. So many costs no one tells you when you are first talking to the NAA agent.
With Symmetry Financial Group they seem to be honest and answer all my questions. I didn't hear any extra costs involved either. Does anyone have feedback on this?

Yeah, I do.

I switched to life/annuity when the health insurance bubble blew up. Had been rolling along doing *some* production, trying to find my rythym and a niche. Actually took on a couple little IT gigs and computer repair gigs to support it. Got a call from Casey, figured "what the hey", contracted with three of their carriers (UHL, AmAm, and ING), figured I'd sell their stuff and my stuff. Kept selling my stuff and just "marinated" on the SFG stuff.

A few weeks ago, I bought a bunch of their leads and made appointments based on their "system". Did very well. First time doing Mortgage Protection. No lies, no bull, just wrote apps and collected checks. I'm thinking I might start just doing that full time.

Did some reading up on Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison and Lynn Watkins. It seems they were pretty p-o'd with NAA and left a couple years ago. Found info about a lawsuit against NAA from them on STIbrokers website. I'm betting that they do not go the way of NAA anytime in the near future.

That said, I'm not committing to only buying their leads, I'm looking for referrals and any online EXCLUSIVE mp leads I can get.

So far, so good. Nothing stinks here yet.

BTW, I didn't pay for anything when contracting with SFG. Only paid for leads generated by one of the partners (Asurea - Brian Pope). Met Brian last weekend, seems like a stand up guy.

Last edited:
I was looking over some of their recruiting propaganda and it sounds like typical NAA stuff. Not at all impressed, except they seem to know how to recruit. I could give out higher contracts with a better lead generation program; maybe it's time to try to start beating the drum.

Lets face it. If you were at NAA in the hayday prior to AA buying out the 2 insurance guys it was great. Their system is fine. It was the cost to be involved that got out of hand and made it a bad deal.

If you worked both era's with NAA or have worked with SFG you would realize that the whole recruiting, building, meetings conference calls are good. But you still have to be profitable. So overpaying to pad AA's amway setup with internal consumption is where the problem lies.

yeah, i went to recruiting session recently... here's my review:

1) anytime you have just as many current employees as recruits in an 'overview' meeting to 'tesitfy', watch out. if you cant sell it without support from the peanut gallery, then its bs.

2) the head recruiter, out of florida i believe, was definitely familiar with the term columbian marching powder. asked applicants questions about their work history just to insult them with it later during the scatterbrain presentation. talked for an hour and a half about rich vs. broke and did not cover the products at all. i noted to myself that sure, it is advised not to talk about products right up front, but that is when you are dealing with a customer. the potential agent you are recruiting, many of whom have previous experience in the industry will not appreciate being sold on the job opportunity like a customer who is uninformed about the sales process. then, expecting us to have enough -con-fidence in his sell, asked the group to drive to a city 4 hours away the next morning for the next phase of the 'interview process' - on spec without promise of hire let alone compensation. they do this because they only want 'the right people' and want to repel 'the wrong people'. that's a cult move, i don't care who you promise i'll meet in Timbucktwo.

Some companies bring you in and you know it may have some MLM aspects involved, and some make you feel like you are on the bottom rung of a pyramid scheme. this guy reminded me of the latter. btw my man, that ben afleck boiler room stuff only plays in the movies. that's why they are MOVIES, muchacho.

ive lurked here for a while but this experience finally got me to register. thanks!

Last edited:
yeah, i went to recruiting session recently... here's my review:

1) anytime you have just as many current employees as recruits in an 'overview' meeting to 'tesitfy', watch out. if you cant sell it without support from the peanut gallery, then its bs.

2) the head recruiter, out of florida i believe, was definitely familiar with the term columbian marching powder. asked applicants questions about their work history just to insult them with it later during the scatterbrain presentation. talked for an hour and a half about rich vs. broke and did not cover the products at all. i noted to myself that sure, it is advised not to talk about products right up front, but that is when you are dealing with a customer. the potential agent you are recruiting, many of whom have previous experience in the industry will not appreciate being sold on the job opportunity like a customer who is uninformed about the sales process. then, expecting us to have enough -con-fidence in his sell, asked the group to drive to a city 4 hours away the next morning for the next phase of the 'interview process' - on spec without promise of hire let alone compensation. they do this because they only want 'the right people' and want to repel 'the wrong people'. that's a cult move, i don't care who you promise i'll meet in Timbucktwo.

Some companies bring you in and you know it may have some MLM aspects involved, and some make you feel like you are on the bottom rung of a pyramid scheme. this guy reminded me of the latter. btw my man, that ben afleck boiler room stuff only plays in the movies. that's why they are MOVIES, muchacho.

ive lurked here for a while but this experience finally got me to register. thanks!

Ive just been contacted by the Walker Group. Im concerned if I will have to pay for leads. I did express that and they gave me a pre-interview anyway. The pre-interview sounded good to me, but I am brandee dandy new to the business and I need to learn whos good and who's not so good, any help is appreciated :yes:

Ive just been contacted by the Walker Group. Im concerned if I will have to pay for leads. I did express that and they gave me a pre-interview anyway. The pre-interview sounded good to me, but I am brandee dandy new to the business and I need to learn whos good and who's not so good, any help is appreciated :yes:

Understand that good leads will cost money. There is a great return on income in that expense though. I have worked with free leads too many times and really got nowhere with them. If you want a good sales commission only gig, find one with good leads. Start out on some of their older leads then get a good flow of newer leads each week as you start to get the sales going.

BeenAround said:
Understand that good leads will cost money. There is a great return on income in that expense though. I have worked with free leads too many times and really got nowhere with them. If you want a good sales commission only gig, find one with good leads. Start out on some of their older leads then get a good flow of newer leads each week as you start to get the sales going.

Where are your favorite sources of leads?

Back