Tell me.... how do u sell Life Insurance

squarebiz

On this past Friday, My manager told us (out the blue) to go out and write some business. We need some applications in this office. But she provided no leads and basically no direction.

I'm new to this, so tell me, Is that really possible??? Does anyone just go out and come back with applications from people they don't know?? Life Insurance???? Sure.......Cold knocking on doors or walking up to people and saying hey I sell insurance, need some. I mean our manager is flaky sometimes, but usually she provides us with leads to call and set appointments. Maybe its just me, but selling insurance seems much more difficult than that. My mind is all over the place trying to come up with a plan.

What is a typical day for a prosperous life agent like? I need help
Thanks

Its hard, Im struggling too. It doesnt help when you get answers like the 2 above. I cant help, Im in the same boat.

what do you not get....people will walk across hot coals to talk to you about health insurance because it scares the hell out of them....you do your job right then bam...you have full medical history and trust.....now what more do you need......

It doesnt help when you get answers like the 2 above.

Its hard, Im struggling too. It doesnt help when you get answers like the 2 above. I cant help, Im in the same boat.
STI gave you the best advise anyone will give you on this board. Read it again.

Health Insurance is a commodity, life insurance is a needs based sale - big differences. It is extremely common to sell health to get your foot in the door for life.

You may want to call small bus. owners with a short sweet approach of offering a free term insurance quote. No cost and no obligation. Orphaned policies? If available, see if you can get some of those.

Cold call (check no-call list) and ask if anybody has a term policy that has not been reviewed in the last 5-10 years. Sounds a bit corny but we have a guy in our office that wrote 100k of commish last year doing just those things.

"On this past Friday, My manager told us (out the blue) to go out and write some business. We need some applications in this office. But she provided no leads and basically no direction."

This is why many of us are independent. I can't see supporting idiots like that.

Her bonus is on the line. She needs to hit the numbers herself. Actually, it's probably that this time of year, everyone has decided to take a few weeks off, and aren't hitting the phones very hard.

This is something that is easier to do once you've been in the business for a while. New guys have already recently done everything the could to make the initial numbers. Agents that have been around for a while have a whole drawer full of what I call 'be-backs', where the person said "I'll be back to you soon". You can sometimes work these for a few policies.

Life insurance is a tough cold sale. After a while, you've established a bit of reputation with people and they will respond if you work at it. Like I said though, it's hard when your new. Heck, its never easy.

Dan

On this past Friday, My manager told us (out the blue) to go out and write some business. We need some applications in this office. But she provided no leads and basically no direction.

I'm new to this, so tell me, Is that really possible??? Does anyone just go out and come back with applications from people they don't know?? Life Insurance???? Sure.......Cold knocking on doors or walking up to people and saying hey I sell insurance, need some. I mean our manager is flaky sometimes, but usually she provides us with leads to call and set appointments. Maybe its just me, but selling insurance seems much more difficult than that. My mind is all over the place trying to come up with a plan.

What is a typical day for a prosperous life agent like? I need help
Thanks

Who do you work for down in Savannah?

Back