Term with Disability Income?

HealthGuy

Guru
1000 Post Club
What carriers besides Assurity and AIG allow you to quote simple term with disability income rider? I have a client, age 51 looking for the disability rider, and Assurity is the only one I know that will allow the disability rider at his age, I think he is too old (above age 45) for AIG to underwrite a disability rider on the term life policy. Suggestions please.

Shenandoah, Transamerica, Americo, American Amicable, Genworth, etc..

Most of these companies refer to what you want as a Mortgage Plan of some sort. The bundled plans are more expensive because they are non-med to table 4 (usually). The best deal is stand-alone life and DI plans.

What carriers besides Assurity and AIG allow you to quote simple term with disability income rider? I have a client, age 51 looking for the disability rider, and Assurity is the only one I know that will allow the disability rider at his age, I think he is too old (above age 45) for AIG to underwrite a disability rider on the term life policy. Suggestions please.

Is there some reason that you don't want to use Assurity?

Their rates are competitive(for an uncompetitive product) and they don't require a face to face even for non med. I just did a 2 yr. DI for a client with Assurity who was out of town and insisted on a non med.

If you just want a competitive quote, check out Transamerica. You don't say whether this is med or non med?

Bill, help me a bit - are you saying that Assurity or disability is a noncompetitive product? Also, who has the most reasonably priced stand alone DI? Every time I price it out it seems uncompetitive.

Bill, help me a bit - are you saying that Assurity or disability is a noncompetitive product? Also, who has the most reasonably priced stand alone DI? Every time I price it out it seems uncompetitive.

Good question, I thought that may be confusing. I was referring to the term/di non med combo product.

As far as stand alone DI, there are several good carriers. Most recently I've used Union Central and Principal Financial. These companies offer a premium guarantee like a life product and of course are more competitive for the longer terms. There "own occ" definitions are much better for professional occupations.

On two year terms, it really doesn't matter. Assurity actually does an own occ for up to 5 years.

Back