Term Insurance for a Diabetic with Large Build

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I saw a guy who was on medication, on diabetes, with a build frame of 5'9 255. I put him with American National and they have him now at a table rating of 4. What would have been a better option?

I saw a guy who was on medication, on diabetes, with a build frame of 5'9 255. I put him with American National and they have him now at a table rating of 4. What would have been a better option?

Pru will take that build standard. ANICO starts that height and weight table 2.

It looks like you have another couple of tables due to the diabetes. They will look at his age, age of onset, severity, and controls.

If you can't get him above a 4, look at Banner or AG (they would also likely rate him on build alone) as both rate off of classes better than standard.

You could shop it...unless it is still a nominal premium or he has no other coverage. It might not be a bad offer depending on all of these factors.

Good luck.

Pru will take that build standard. ANICO starts that height and weight table 2.

It looks like you have another couple of tables due to the diabetes. They will look at his age, age of onset, severity, and controls.

If you can't get him above a 4, look at Banner or AG (they would also likely rate him on build alone) as both rate off of classes better than standard.

You could shop it...unless it is still a nominal premium or he has no other coverage. It might not be a bad offer depending on all of these factors.

Good luck.

Would every company rate him according to his build and diabetes?

Running quotes for a table 2-4 myself. I thought Pru off the top of my head, but their numbers weren't that hot. It's about the premium they charge for the class. If somebody's table 3 is less money than somebody else's table 2..

Back