Term Life Insurance E-Apps Placement

I have not had a favorable experience with the carriers that I've used. It falls apart when they're supposed to sign all of the docs and send back to the carrier.

Naturally, I know that agents are doing very well with "large volume" but I don't do a lot of term insurance.

I have not had a favorable experience with the carriers that I've used. It falls apart when they're supposed to sign all of the docs and send back to the carrier.

Naturally, I know that agents are doing very well with "large volume" but I don't do a lot of term insurance.

I've had the same issues. Occasionally I'll use Ohio National's "easy-app" for term if the prospect is far enough away to make it an all-day trip. The front-end is easy and ExamOne does a great job getting in touch with the applicant to do the phone interview and schedule the exam.

That's where the wheels come off. I've had multiple situations where the ExamOne local examiner (near the applicant) either had a broken EKG machine or they simply missed signatures on the paperwork.

By the time I have to get re-involved with the ExamOne office whose examiner made the mistake, I would have been just as well to have made the all-day trip.

I would seek out the ezlife sales bunch. I think Picnic is with them. Pinney is the MGA. I bought a policy from one of their agents and I was amazed by the process. I used to sell life myself and this made me want to consider doing it again. I know this sounds cheesy but it really was a good process.

Gulliver

Have you tried American General's Quick Ticket? I just put a couple cases through AG's Quick Ticket so I should be able to respond as to how that works soon.

I did e-apps with ING and it was always a nightmare. That whole company has become a nightmare in my recent experiences. Too bad.

I've had the same issues. Occasionally I'll use Ohio National's "easy-app" for term if the prospect is far enough away to make it an all-day trip. The front-end is easy and ExamOne does a great job getting in touch with the applicant to do the phone interview and schedule the exam.

That's where the wheels come off. I've had multiple situations where the ExamOne local examiner (near the applicant) either had a broken EKG machine or they simply missed signatures on the paperwork.

By the time I have to get re-involved with the ExamOne office whose examiner made the mistake, I would have been just as well to have made the all-day trip.

I second examone being the problem. It does not seem to tied to any particular area.

----------

Protective Life also has fax/online submission.

EZLife is very easy.

Good responses. I could see it working if you were constantly quoting and focused enough on e-apps so that you "learned the tricks of the trade" and had a good feel for the numbers like quote 50 write 30 place 10 or something. However, I was trying to use it like Larry mentioned and it was write 4 place 0. I had one that they guy was committed to getting the policy, but the nurse canceled on him twice. When she did finally show up, he said that she ran into the ditch at his house and he helped her get her car out. We finally got the exam done, but he was declined.

The twisted thing about this to me is I've always had really good success mailing apps, even to younger clients. For some people, it's an easy sale. You send out an app peppered with sign here stickers, and include a postage paid return envelope. When that shitt comes back with a check it's good business. Gas is so high now, it costs more to drive across town and back than to pay for a mailing.

" I've had multiple situations where the ExamOne local examiner (near the applicant) either had a broken EKG machine or they simply missed signatures on the paperwork."
....Or a broken down car on the way to the appointment...etc etc etc....it's always something with them.

:nah:

I have spoken with BGAs a lot over the years. What I hear most frequently concerning e-submissions is, and I have no dog in this race, that LGAmerica's (used to be Banner and William Penn) e-App is the best around. Part of the reason is that they (at least used to) keep parts of the process in-house that other carriers use vendors for.

If you work with any of the BGAs, give them a call and ask for their opinions.

I've had a lot of success with E-Apps, personally. It's taken a lot of practice, for sure. But, at this point it's become a very smooth process. I think rougly 25+ carriers have adopted the iGo E-App platform and the neat thing about that is if you know iGo with one company you know it with every company that uses. Not all of them do, obviously. Fidelity Life, for example, has their own platform, as well as some of the other carriers. At the end of the day, they're all mostly the same. Like anything else, it just takes practice, having a good system to get the clients through the signature process and you still just can't take for granted that the carrier always walk everything through correctly on their own. In short, a new platform and process with some old-fashioned processing TLC seems to be a good combination. And, once you've got your system down, E-Apps can be a god send.

Back