Term With Living Benefits

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone know what carriers offer 'living benefit riders' similar to the ones discussed in this article? According to Brokers Alliance (refer to the article) only two carriers offer it. The article is from July 27, 2010 so maybe things have changed. I have searched through thread titles and found nothing for 'living benefits' in the life section here.

Here is the article I'm referencing:

Insurance News - NEW - Revolutionary Term Life Product With Living Benefits

Does anyone know what carriers offer 'living benefit riders' similar to the ones discussed in this article? According to Brokers Alliance (refer to the article) only two carriers offer it. The article is from July 27, 2010 so maybe things have changed. I have searched through thread titles and found nothing for 'living benefits' in the life section here.

Here is the article I'm referencing:

Insurance News - NEW - Revolutionary Term Life Product With Living Benefits

Western Reserve. (WRL - Aegon)

VolAgent... Would you care to elaborate what you mean by that?

If someone is busy trying to sell you sizzle, make sure there is some steak as well.

How are the rates, how is the rating, what are the company's assets, what are the conversion options, etc?

How easy is it to actually get the money when you need it, what are the tax consequences? How is different/better than a standard terminal/critical illness rider?

TANSTAAFL

Is this new, or are you thinking the UL?

Not sure, I saw some FMO that had something with AGLA and living benefits in the same sentence. I'm not much of a life agent, more P&C but I'm pretty sure of that sentence...

After looking at the AGLA site, could be the UL, not Term. It's under AGLA Website, Quality of Life...Insurance. It's mostly rider information I think.

Well I'm curious about TERM with living benefits. I don't know exactly how much steak could be lost with a term policy besides conversion details but there are only TWO products according to that article granted it is an old article. I thought LSWs term had some living benefits and I know they have good products they just don't sell sizzle from my dealings with them. I've done plenty of annuities with them but there rates are in the shitter and have been for quite some time. Anyway guess I'll call this Brokers Alliance tomorrow and find out what the skinny is. :1baffled:

Back