Term with Northwestern Mutual

Product's don't matter people do...I think this is where you were going with this.

Not so fast, if you are a smoker in good health, NML can be rather competitive (very strange niche if you ask me).

Good point regarding smokers - I will give NML credit for that niche.

The reason NML is so inexpensive for smokers is because they have such a harsh policy regarding what constitutes a smoker. Since so many of their policies are purchased on a non-competitive basis, many who would qualify for non-smoker rates with other companies only qualify for smoker (tobacco) rates at NML, so the overall risk pool of 'smokers' is less risky than it is at other companies.
Still, it makes for a good deal for true smokers.

The reason NML is so inexpensive for smokers is because they have such a harsh policy regarding what constitutes a smoker. Since so many of their policies are purchased on a non-competitive basis, many who would qualify for non-smoker rates with other companies only qualify for smoker (tobacco) rates at NML, so the overall risk pool of 'smokers' is less risky than it is at other companies.

No argument, just saying, that's all.

Actually, they have pretty liberal guidelines on "occasional tobacco". For the true smoker, or the person who has the occasional celebratory cigar or dips occasionally, they are very competitive...

As an NM rep, I also find this strange, as they do have rather rigid underwriting.

Back