Term Policy for a Diabetic Female

LAKingsFan

Hello,

Does anybody have any suggestions for this situation:

Female
Has diabetes ( I don't know which type )
Height: 5'5
Weight: 240-250

She was previously declined by NYL.

Looking for a 10-20 year term policy worth $100,000

Thanks!

LAKingsfan

Do a pre-underwriting check with your carriers. You need a ton more detail. The other thing is expect a heavily rated policy "if" she even offered one. How much premium is she willing to pay?

There is a guy who focuses on Diabetics, he might be able to help you. For me, most diabetics won't pay the premiums they get so I tend to shy away from cases where you put in hours of work and then not get paid on.

Two huge issues that need to be addressed before you go any further, both of which Larry touched on.

You know absolutely nothing about her diabetes. What type, when diagnosed, what medications, what A1C, fasting glucose, etc. Also, her build is horrible, she is pushing a 40 BMI. Also, what is her blood pressure and cholesterol? I bet both are elevated.

Also, before you do anything, you better find out what she is willing to pay for that coverage, and if it isn't a significant premium over standard rates for her age, you really don't have a prospect.

You solve both of those and you could easily place this and get paid.

Hello,

Female

Thanks!

LAKingsfan

Here's a little questionnaire, I'd present

Age of Diabetes Onset
Medications currently taking to control
Does exercise and watch diet?
Does she see Dr. or Endocrinologist quarterly?
Does she check Blood Sugar multiple times per day
What were last 4 A1C readings
What other health issues does she have in her past?

NYL usually approves people with Diabetes, so it's a little bit of red flag she was flat out declined

The more information you can get, the better job you can do to quote her

Good luck!

Here's a little questionnaire, I'd present

Age of Diabetes Onset
Medications currently taking to control
Does exercise and watch diet?
Does she see Dr. or Endocrinologist quarterly?
Does she check Blood Sugar multiple times per day
What were last 4 A1C readings
What other health issues does she have in her past?

NYL usually approves people with Diabetes, so it's a little bit of red flag she was flat out declined

The more information you can get, the better job you can do to quote her

Good luck!

There you are! I hoped you'd help this guy out.

Off topic but related....what companies will work with epilepsy?

Recently I had that question pop up by a client that was denied for epilepsy. Their regular agent gave up and I wrote a small GI for them...but it got me thinking.

Full disclosure this was a phone sale and I didn't find out any more info about her health.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses! She told me that bottomline she isn't willing to spend more than $50 a month for a policy.

I think I am just gonna let this one go.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses! She told me that bottomline she isn't willing to spend more than $50 a month for a policy.

I think I am just gonna let this one go.

Do an SBLI app, no exam, no medical records, decision in a few days. They go up to Table 8 with no exam...looks like T8 is around $60/mo for $100k 20 years. If she gets declined by them, let it go instead of wasting your time.

Do an SBLI app, no exam, no medical records, decision in a few days. They go up to Table 8 with no exam...looks like T8 is around $60/mo for $100k 20 years. If she gets declined by them, let it go instead of wasting your time.

Or instead of wasting their underwriting department time get a complete health profile and run it past sbli underwriter.

They will be very honest what offer they may consider. Don't just have a client apply for sake of applying.

Wastes your time and the insurance company time

Hello,

Female

Thanks!

LAKingsfan

I would look at RNA's term product. It would be non med for her at that face amount and age. On line app. Instant decision. Accept/reject.

But you do need more details about her health.

Latest posts

Back