Is Term with Return of Premium Better Than Mortgage Protection Policies?

IsellMN

I'm a newbie and have been recruited by a few mortgage protection companies, but when I look at their quotes they seem high.

Wouldn't a regular term with ROP be a better choice? I talked to an AIG rep and his quote for a 35 yr old male, non smoker , 20 yr policy with ROP , $250K , was half of Americo's quote.

I know the commission on mortgage protection is very well and that is why a lot of people sell it.

What is the commission on a term product with ROP?

Thanks

Define "mortgage protection" ..

typically MP is just regular term.. some might have riders on them .. striaght term should always be less than ROP TERM

I'm a newbie and have been recruited by a few mortgage protection companies, but when I look at their quotes they seem high.

Wouldn't a regular term with ROP be a better choice? I talked to an AIG rep and his quote for a 35 yr old male, non smoker , 20 yr policy with ROP , $250K , was half of Americo's quote.

I know the commission on mortgage protection is very well and that is why a lot of people sell it.

Thanks

I would assume that Americo's product is a Simplified Issue term like UHL and others.. If that be the case, that is the reason for the higher premiums.. AIG is a fully underwritten plan. There is not much difference when it comes to commission rates.

Remember one thing, commissions are great but focus on what's best for your client. You will make a lot more commission long term that way.

Thanks

Guess what? It's the same thing!!!:)

And then there is GUL with a guaranteed 100% cash back option in year 20 and 25.

AIG has one, but is fully underwritten, ANICO has the best, IMHO, because it offers non-med to $250k and accelerated underwriting to $1m. ANICO just has better and faster underwiting.

Thanks for the responses - I appreciate it.

So I know AIG is fully underwritten, but should have the better pricing then.

Anyone have experience with AIG ? How long does it take to get an application through underwriting? Also what is the typical commission with AIG?

Is ANICO that much more expensive?

I guess if you're working with someone that is healthy and young a fully underwritten policy would be best.

I read on another post that a CI rider is popular with a lot of buyers.

I just know that most companies in my area that offer mortgage protection ( term with ROP) use Americo and I think their rates are pretty high. I just want to offer a better product at a better price. Thanks in advance.

Back