Term Risk Assessment W/ TransAmerica

antireed

Expert
I'm planning ahead for an appointment next week.

Female/49/Non-smoker
5'3" 180 lbs

Taking 3 meds: 1 for high BP, 1 for high cholesterol, and 1 for thyroid

I am coming from FE and still new to quoting term. I am totally not used to the dozen+ health classes/subclasses people can fall into. Specifically, I am going to be writing a Trendsetter LB 20 with TransAmerica. There is Preferred and Standard, and within the Standard class, there are Substandard tables A through P.

How the hell do I even know which class this lady will fall into. I don't want to underquote/overpromise, but at the same time, I don't want to overquote and scare her away.

Any fully underwritten term veterans out there that can help me with this one?

I'm planning ahead for an appointment next week.

Female/49/Non-smoker
5'3" 180 lbs

Taking 3 meds: 1 for high BP, 1 for high cholesterol, and 1 for thyroid

I am coming from FE and still new to quoting term. I am totally not used to the dozen+ health classes/subclasses people can fall into. Specifically, I am going to be writing a Trendsetter LB 20 with TransAmerica. There is Preferred and Standard, and within the Standard class, there are Substandard tables A through P.

How the hell do I even know which class this lady will fall into. I don't want to underquote/overpromise, but at the same time, I don't want to overquote and scare her away.

Any fully underwritten term veterans out there that can help me with this one?

Thyroid med is usually a non issue, baring cancer history of course. Med controlled BP and cholesterol are probably not that big a deal either length of time controlled is more important. Build is easier to deal with, the agent guide will have a build chart. It will tell you if she is Std to table? Due to build. Explain that the quote is just a starting point.

The BMI shakes out to 31.9 (or 32) which isn't atrocious as they tend to give women more leeway but not exactly ideal. If she knows some average BP's from her last few doctor's appointments that can give you better direction on her hypertension.

And a Lee said, unless her hypothyroid is post cancer, used less than a year, or it's WILDLY uncontrolled on meds, not likely an issue.

I will add that with the LB product you are offering more than price. I would highlight the Living Benefits and also offer her a more complete package with WP. It is more likely that she will use one of those benefits in the next 20 years than the death benefit.

If it comes down to price I would have a back up or two in my pocket.

What does WP stand for? It's
Like an acronym contest

Haha, yeah seems that way sometimes. Waiver of Premium. Typically it it is a benefit that waives the premiums after 6 months of disability. Can mean the difference of a policy being inforce or not when a insured dies.

This is a classic Standard to Standard + rating with Transamerica.

Baring any unkowns, you can quote the Trendsetter LB to $249,999 as a Non-Med case for a Standard Rate.

If you are looking for a Std+ rate that will be full medical underwriting with exam, blood and HOS.

Do yourself a favor and get the link on AgentNetInfo for the IGO app and write the Term using the eApp. Trans has a 35+ page app and you will have nothing but issues if it is Not in Good Order from the Get Go. Being from FE, the Underwritten side of the business can be a PIA.

This is a classic Standard to Standard + rating with Transamerica.

Baring any unkowns, you can quote the Trendsetter LB to $249,999 as a Non-Med case for a Standard Rate.

If you are looking for a Std+ rate that will be full medical underwriting with exam, blood and HOS.

Do yourself a favor and get the link on AgentNetInfo for the IGO app and write the Term using the eApp. Trans has a 35+ page app and you will have nothing but issues if it is Not in Good Order from the Get Go. Being from FE, the Underwritten side of the business can be a PIA.

Skipper, do you or your guys have any Living Benefits claims history you can share?

None yet for the Chronic/Critical Care side. We have had plenty with the Accelerated Death Benefit for Terminal Illness. The terminal claims have been routine for those out of the contestable period.

I expect to see Chronic/Critical claims to be similar to those.

Seems that a lot of agents do not go over the ABR. It is an awesome benefit. We have paid it out several times. Has been life changing for my client families.

Back