Term W/ Crohns, Coumadin,hospitalization<1 Yr??

Dr. Pepper

Expert
ns
f
asthma-uses inhaler every day
crohns
hospitalized for crohns about 6 mo ago for about a week
5'1", about 180 pounds
located in Massachusetts

meds-comadin(had blood clot about 12 years ago, now uses as preventative), prilosec(reflux), methimazole(thyroid med), stelera shots 3x year(crohns)

Please advise as to whom can offer her term coverage?

So who can do?
The insured doesn't really care too much on cost just wants coverage. As much as possible. Is this a dead deal?

So who can do?
The insured doesn't really care too much on cost just wants coverage. As much as possible. Is this a dead deal?

Is there such thing as anyone that's not insurable. I'm thinking she would have to do guaranteed issue name of the top my head I don't know of any companies that are below the age of 50.

Sadly I'm not at my home and I'm not going to be back until after 8:30 p.m. so I have no way to look it up

So who can do?

"doesn't care about cost too much" - have you asked how much they are willing to pay? Is she on disability? Has she ever been on disability? Diagnosed with COPD? I will bet her medical history is a lot more complicated than what you have been told/what is stated in the post.

Between the blood clot, chronic asthma (probably COPD), and Crohn's with recent hospitalization, they will probably be lucky to get a high table rating with fully underwritten. You didn't mention how much they are looking for. Prudential is probably a good place to start. You really need to know how much they are willing to spend and whether it's realistic before taking your time on this one. If they want $500k for $50/mo it ain't gonna happen.

The insured doesn't really care too much on cost..... .

Great. $4,500.00 per month. Send him to me and I will send you a finder's fee.

----------

"doesn't care about cost too much" - have you asked how much they are willing to pay? Is she on disability? Has she ever been on disability? Diagnosed with COPD? I will bet her medical history is a lot more complicated than what you have been told/what is stated in the post.

Between the blood clot, chronic asthma (probably COPD), and Crohn's with recent hospitalization, they will probably be lucky to get a high table rating with fully underwritten. You didn't mention how much they are looking for. Prudential is probably a good place to start. You really need to know how much they are willing to spend and whether it's realistic before taking your time on this one. If they want $500k for $50/mo it ain't gonna happen.

Oooops, should have read ahead. That.

I have a somewhat similar case in MA as well. Please let me know what happens. It will depend a lot on whats in the APS

So who can do?

You're wasting your time.

Anybody who "doesn't care about cost" is lying. The minute you give her the rates, she'll care and she'll be on the phone shopping with other agents.

I learned that the first time I had that kind of client back in the day.

Just curious to know the result of this. I still think GI whole would be the only option

There are better altenatives than GI ... term might be tough .. but there hsould be FE options .. as far as term goes.. Crohn's is tricky .. there are many more factors thta might affect insurability. but I think they would still want at least a 1 year waiting period. hospitalization for a flare up is one thing if you were taking azacol . but if you're taking remicaid or humira, it would even be tougher.

Back