Term for the WAY Overweight?

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for a client of mine.

He is fairly healthy. Only takes Levothyroxin for hyperthyroidism. He used to take Lisinopril and then Losartan for high blood pressure, but his blood pressure has been good for the last three years. Other than that, he has only taken some anti-biotics.

But he weighs 430 lbs 6'4" .:err: 46MNT

He wants to get a $100K Term policy.

I'm wondering if you guys know any companies that would take someone that overweight. He has been consistent at this weight for awhile, but he plans on getting below 300lbs in the next 2-3 years. So he's concerned with a life insurance carrier having him on record at that weight for future apps.

Last edited:
The "term" I was thinking of was pathetic. That being said, UHL has some products with liberal height and weight charts.

He is 80 to 100 lbs over every Term carrier I know of for Ht/Wt including UHL (340 max).

Transamerica Trendsetter Express with the Standard Express Rates would do up to 376 lbs at his ht.... That is about the most liberal

Flat decline for Ht/Wt for Term....

I would sell the Settlers Silver 20 pay for $25k and Trans FE for $50k until he gets his weight down below 300.... He will have to do it the natural way and be stable for at least 12 months.....

No gastric bypass or lapband for term.... He would have a 2-5 year wait for a rated plan depending on carriers....

He is 80 to 100 lbs over every Term carrier I know of for Ht/Wt including UHL (340 max). Transamerica Trendsetter Express with the Standard Express Rates would do up to 376 lbs at his ht.... That is about the most liberal Flat decline for Ht/Wt for Term.... I would sell the Settlers Silver 20 pay for $25k and Trans FE for $50k until he gets his weight down below 300.... He will have to do it the natural way and be stable for at least 12 months..... No gastric bypass or lapband for term.... He would have a 2-5 year wait for a rated plan depending on carriers....

What is the Trans trendsetter? A GUL?

1, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 year term plan...

They have 3 different plans
Trendsetter Super
Trendsetter LB (living benefits)
Trendsetter Express

Ok what would a rate be on a 6'4" 375lb 47 MNT for a 20 year $100,000?

I think this case can be placed. Obviously, the key is getting an underwriter to make a business decision. It is not so much a case of which carrier, but which underwriter. Be sure to emphasize to your client that the time to buy is now. He should not wait to buy coverage – what if something unfortunately happens in the meantime and he becomes uninsurable?

Back