Thoroughly Disappointed in EFES So Far

I don't know much if anything about marketing FE. But people tend to live in neighborhoods of similar demographics. Have you ever "walked the T"? Mr. Smith blows you off, won't buy, etc. Go knock on the doors of his neighbors and introduce yourself, tell them you were there to see Mr. Smith. As long as he didn't throw you out, you've got a recognized name to introduce yourself with and odds are he'll never contradict you. Walk the T at your 10 leads a week, and you gained an extra 30 people to talk to. If the nearest neighbor isn't home, keep going until someone is. Surely out of 40 prospects you can get your sales.

That is something that you could never do on the phone.

I don't know the area you are working, but I do know about EFES. At 8 weeks with EFES I problably felt the same as you, except I didn't get on a message board and say it.

If I could do my own mailings and get a decent return I would not use the EFES system either. My area does not get a decent response. It's much less expensive for me to get leads through EFES.

Also getting the leads regularly and in the same area is key for me. I don't order as many as you do. My standing order for over 2 and a half years has been 15 per week. For the first 8-12 weeks they could not do that like they do now. It actually took a good 6 months for EFES to learn my area and also for them to learn me and how I work.

I do know this, EFES will send out how ever many mailers they need to get an agent his asked for weekly amount. As long as the agent holds up his end of the deal. They are not going to send out 5000 pieces for a new agent that they don't know if he will ever write even one app. As they learn that the agent will produce if he has leads, they will invest more in that agent. That doesn't happen overnight. It could if an agent goes into an area that EFES already knows, but new territory, no way.

About 2 years ago I upped my request to 20 per week. They couldn't automatically turn on the fawcett and get me 5 more per week. It took a few weeks of additional mailings. Same when I went back to 15 after a few months. It didn't just cut off.

It took me a while to understand the PPL system. But, I am at the top level and pay $11 per lead. I have been at that level for over 2 years. Everything is down to a science now. I get my 15 leads every Sat. and they are all in the same county. I use counties instead of zip codes because I cover such a large territory.

I did get 20 leads last Sat. because they got a better than usual response and they called me and asked if I would take 5 more. They didn't just automatically send me more than my request. It takes time and work by both parties to get it to this point.
hT
But, if you are soured on EFES, you should probably part ways with them. It doesn't do you or EFES any good to have an unhappy agent out there.

I do know first hand that the EFES system works for many agents and for some, like me, it's the best thing they have ever gotten involved in. I also have seen many agents wash out with EFES and it was not for them.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't recruit for EFES or for anyone else. I am not part of the EFES management nor do I aspire to be. This is just stating my experience.

Thanks for your thoughts. I want it to work. I need it to work. I'll see if we can get over this hump and make it work. Obviously it does as there are a lot of guys there making a great living at it.

How many small businesses do you think you past on the way to and from your appointments?

Time is money-

Waiting around for till your leads come in is counter productive

You can easily get 10 fresh hot exclusive leads in less than a couple hours of work-

I get roughly 10-12 leads a week via mailers, another 8-10 from manufacturing them myself, and another 3-5 from my bandit signs

Exactly, the best lead is the one you generate yourself. After all, you can only blame yourself for any quality issues. Keep ordering your leads, but knock on those doors and walk in those businesses you pass along the way.

The thing is that now -a-days many private insurance companies are running the business of insurance and thus Georgia.have to do lots of insurance companies...

Exactly, the best lead is the one you generate yourself. After all, you can only blame yourself for any quality issues. Keep ordering your leads, but knock on those doors and walk in those businesses you pass along the way.

Yup, theres 20,000 + small businesses in my city alone, with 3 or less employees that dont qualify for group insurance- which means 1 of 2 things

1) They dont have any (new sale)

or

2)They have some (Replace it)

50% of my business is replacement.. And I sleep just fine at night.. No sorrow for the dumb agent that I walked in behind-

It's sooo easy to replace a health or life policy when I'm saving a business owner 400-500 dollars a year

Like Alec Baldwin once said

"They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money..., Are you gonna take it?...Are you man enough to take it?"

20,000 + leads for free.. thats right... free

hotel bills ?. how far are you traveling?. can't you get leads closer to home.? i hear efes has good trainning, are you using what they have to offer? also join the insurance association (liaa.) or something like that, the first month is a buck...they are on this forum.. lots of good stuff, tons of webinars... good luck and the T walk is a good idea. knock on both neighbors and the house in back..hence the T walk...

Waiting around for till your leads come in is counter productive...............

I get roughly 10-12 leads a week via mailers, another 8-10 from manufacturing them myself, and another 3-5 from my bandit signs

Multiple lead streams.

Keith if you have been in the business a while you have file cabinets full of leads. Somebody is selling them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
50% of my business is replacement.. And I sleep just fine at night.. No sorrow for the dumb agent that I walked in behind-

It's sooo easy to replace a health or life policy when I'm saving a business owner 400-500 dollars a year................

X2. For me it is more like 75%. I am replacing my own stuff or someone else's.

Last edited:
Smart man... Good salesman..

Wait 9 months... lather,rinse and repeat...

I sold a lot of term during the XXX term wars. Now I am converting or re writing them. They are now in their 60s.

I also write down who else they have. I replaced an F&G (OM) term policy yesterday on an annuity client. Every year or so I would remind them that the expiration date was getting closer. Now he is 67. Easiest people to sell life insurance too are people that own life insurance. Virgins are over rated.

Yo Ho Yo Ho, It's a Pirate's Life for me:1arghh:

What are bandit signs?

Back