Thoroughly Disappointed in EFES So Far

keith48

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
I have been in he insurance business for 15 years, and decided to move over to Equita because their lead program looked so appealing. Well, it turns out that looks can be deceiving.

I have only been in the FE portion of the business for about 3 years, and have had trouble being disciplined with a steady lead program. That's why I thought EFES would be a great fit for me. I know that there are guys that are making big money with Equita and writing a ton of business, but for some reason they have dropped the ball with me and there is no relief in sight. I am signed up to get 25 leads per week. Three weeks ago, I got zero. Last week, I got 12, and this week I got 11. The FE business is a numbers game, and in order to make more than my expenses (lead costs, hotel, FUEL, food, etc) I have to be in front of more people than 11-12 leads will generate.

Historically as a noob in FE, if I had 20 leads, that would result in 10 appointments, which would yield 4 sales with an average of $65 premium each. Yesterday, I had 4 appointments and had TWO people on oxygen, one 64 year old lady that wanted $50k of whole life and didn't want to pay more than $40 a month (LOL), and one lady that sent the card in because she wanted someone to help her get into a nursing home (where she got that idea from a FE lead, I don't know). Yes, you are going to have days like that - we all have. But when you are getting 11-12 leads a week and have that kind of day/week, it can be devastating financially.

I don't know what I am going to do yet. I'll probably give it another couple of weeks, but so far I am terribly unimpressed with EFES.

Keith48,
You should be getting advances instead of as earned. I need advances in order to keep my mailings and other expenses going. If your leads are good, 4 sales out of ten is not very good, you need to work on your presentation and closing.

Keith are you in Georgia? I ask because I hear gerorgia is a tough state for direct mail.

I get advances. Don't know where you got that I don't. And I said 4 out of 10 was as a noob. Those are numbers I use for calculating leads into $. With 20 leads I know I can get a minimum of $250 monthly premium for the week. With 10 leads a week, the variance can kill it in just a week or two, i.e. One or two off weeks (variance) can be hard to overcome.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Keith are you in Georgia? I ask because I hear gerorgia is a tough state for direct mail.

I live in GA but work in SC.

Last edited:
Keith48,
You should be getting advances instead of as earned. I need advances in order to keep my mailings and other expenses going. If your leads are good, 4 sales out of ten is not very good, you need to work on your presentation and closing.

4 sales out of 10 leads is excellent!
4 sales out of 10 appointments is kinda average.
I have been in he insurance business for 15 years, and decided to move over to Equita because their lead program looked so appealing. Well, it turns out that looks can be deceiving.

I have only been in the FE portion of the business for about 3 years, and have had trouble being disciplined with a steady lead program. That's why I thought EFES would be a great fit for me. I know that there are guys that are making big money with Equita and writing a ton of business, but for some reason they have dropped the ball with me and there is no relief in sight. I am signed up to get 25 leads per week. Three weeks ago, I got zero. Last week, I got 12, and this week I got 11. The FE business is a numbers game, and in order to make more than my expenses (lead costs, hotel, FUEL, food, etc) I have to be in front of more people than 11-12 leads will generate.

Historically as a noob in FE, if I had 20 leads, that would result in 10 appointments, which would yield 4 sales with an average of $65 premium each. Yesterday, I had 4 appointments and had TWO people on oxygen, one 64 year old lady that wanted $50k of whole life and didn't want to pay more than $40 a month (LOL), and one lady that sent the card in because she wanted someone to help her get into a nursing home (where she got that idea from a FE lead, I don't know). Yes, you are going to have days like that - we all have. But when you are getting 11-12 leads a week and have that kind of day/week, it can be devastating financially.

I don't know what I am going to do yet. I'll probably give it another couple of weeks, but so far I am terribly unimpressed with EFES.

My upline can supply you 50 leads per week if you desire. Can't get that many all at once in the same zip or county for face 2 face though. You'd have to do FE tele-sales calling 50 leads all over the state from your office or home. Call me 252-292-3350 if interested...Greg.

Last edited:
4 sales out of 10 leads is excellent!
4 sales out of 10 appointments is kinda average.

My upline can supply you 50 leads per week if you desire. Can't get that many all at once in the same zip or county for face 2 face though. You'd have to do FE tele-sales calling 50 leads all over the state from your office or home. Call me 252-292-3350 if interested...Greg.

Attaboy, Greg, recruit him on over. :1wink:

How long have you been with EFES?

Last edited:
Attaboy, Greg, recruit him on over. :1wink: Not trying to recruit the poster as I'm not licensed in either SC or Ga. Just trying to be of help.

Greg, are you still associated with Senior Life at all? I've been interacting with a couple of agents from there and I have to tell you, I've never seen such disregard for the truth in my life.

I'm not just randomly slamming. They really crossed the line.

About 8 weeks now.

I don't know the area you are working, but I do know about EFES. At 8 weeks with EFES I problably felt the same as you, except I didn't get on a message board and say it.

If I could do my own mailings and get a decent return I would not use the EFES system either. My area does not get a decent response. It's much less expensive for me to get leads through EFES.

Also getting the leads regularly and in the same area is key for me. I don't order as many as you do. My standing order for over 2 and a half years has been 15 per week. For the first 8-12 weeks they could not do that like they do now. It actually took a good 6 months for EFES to learn my area and also for them to learn me and how I work.

I do know this, EFES will send out how ever many mailers they need to get an agent his asked for weekly amount. As long as the agent holds up his end of the deal. They are not going to send out 5000 pieces for a new agent that they don't know if he will ever write even one app. As they learn that the agent will produce if he has leads, they will invest more in that agent. That doesn't happen overnight. It could if an agent goes into an area that EFES already knows, but new territory, no way.

About 2 years ago I upped my request to 20 per week. They couldn't automatically turn on the fawcett and get me 5 more per week. It took a few weeks of additional mailings. Same when I went back to 15 after a few months. It didn't just cut off.

It took me a while to understand the PPL system. But, I am at the top level and pay $11 per lead. I have been at that level for over 2 years. Everything is down to a science now. I get my 15 leads every Sat. and they are all in the same county. I use counties instead of zip codes because I cover such a large territory.

I did get 20 leads last Sat. because they got a better than usual response and they called me and asked if I would take 5 more. They didn't just automatically send me more than my request. It takes time and work by both parties to get it to this point.

But, if you are soured on EFES, you should probably part ways with them. It doesn't do you or EFES any good to have an unhappy agent out there.

I do know first hand that the EFES system works for many agents and for some, like me, it's the best thing they have ever gotten involved in. I also have seen many agents wash out with EFES and it was not for them.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't recruit for EFES or for anyone else. I am not part of the EFES management nor do I aspire to be. This is just stating my experience.

Back