Time In Home

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
How long are you in the home for start to finish when writing a deal? For me, as hard as I try I still find myself taking 2 hours.

How long are you in the home for start to finish when writing a deal? For me, as hard as I try I still find myself taking 2 hours.

I'm usually done in 10 minutes.

Oh, wait...you're talking about insurance, nevermind.

But as far as the sale goes I take whatever time is needed to not only write the app but to make the client feel glad that it's me who their agent is as opposed to the other lying, cheating, "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" types out there.

The longest ever was about 3 hours. But the lady had just gotten a new smartphone and didn't have a clue as to how to work it. She was nice looking so I didn't mind. :1biggrin:

I'm usually done in 10 minutes. Oh, wait...you're talking about insurance, nevermind. But as far as the sale goes I take whatever time is needed to not only write the app but to make the client feel glad that it's me who their agent is as opposed to the other lying, cheating, "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" types out there. The longest ever was about 3 hours. But the lady had just gotten a new smartphone and didn't have a clue as to how to work it. She was nice looking so I didn't mind. :1biggrin:

That's how you get the referrals

Since pretty much all I write is Final Expense, it takes 10 minutes to decide whether or not to continue presentation, another 10 minutes to finish presentation and build some trust with the client and close, another 10 to get SS#, Beneficiary Info, Signatures, and a Voided check...

Done in about 30 - 40 minutes with the sale unless they are yappers, then it might take 45 minutes to an hour/the most!

I love selling FE because it's so easy, no Dr/Paramed reports, no Blood/Urine, just good old fashioned Field Underwriting based on their Medications and answers to the questions!

Depends on the product.. Assuming a sale is made and an app completed: Cancer/CI maybe 20-30 minutes. FE 30-45 minutes plus whatever time the POS takes if one is required. Life sale involving basic planning for family security needs: 1 - 2 hours. More complex planning, multiple calls, at least one for fact finding and another for presenting the solution and writing the app.

As the guys above have already told ya... depends on your market. Are you writing FE, MP, something else? MP appts tend to be longer, there is more of a presentation, but there is still a warm-up, present, close, write app, close again, look for referrals. Normally, on MP appts, I book appts 1.5 hours apart. I try to get it done in 60-75 minutes.

On a FE appts, I book on the hour (you will have no-shows, and other issues, etc) and those appts are definitely much faster, about 45 mins. Apps are much shorter than MP and many of the carrier have an e-app now.

Though, 80% of my MP business I also write via e-app.

The key to shortening your appt, practice, practice, practice your pitch/script. Warm-up, but stay on track. What I have recommended for some guys who have issue with getting off track, utilize a flip chart, this will help pace you until you have it solid and no longer need the flip chart to get through your presentation.

Back