Tips for Getting Started

200 numbers with a business owner name attached to it is a lot. I barely have 200 numbers now, much less 200 WITH owners names. From which amazing database are you pulling your phone numbers?

Reference USA is good. Josh here on the forum can provide you with a good list. Pretty much any list provider can.

Step 1 Set target Market: Residential or Business
Step 2 Decide mode of marketing: D2D, Cold Calling, Direct Mail
Step 3 Enlist a productivity measurement device OCS or some variant
Step 4 Find a way to stay in front of those that say no initially

Help me with numbers 3 and 4 please?

The VSA Monthly Business Control Sheet (attached) should help you with keeping track of your pipeline and metrics.

Notice the "points" page on page 5. This is mirrored after the OCS (One Card System) which says to have a good month, you should be scoring a minimum of 100 points each month. (Of course, that's using the 10-3-1 sales model metrics with basic sales & communication skills.)

For keeping in touch, you should schedule call-backs at a reasonable interval, as well as send newsletters (email/mail). VSA has these as well.

The Virtual Assistant | The Complete Financial Advisor Toolbox

Attachments

• Monthly Business Control Sheet.pdf
    56.5 KB · Views: 26
the vsa monthly business control sheet (attached) should help you with keeping track of your pipeline and metrics.

Notice the "points" page on page 5. This is mirrored after the ocs (one card system) which says to have a good month, you should be scoring a minimum of 100 points each month. (of course, that's using the 10-3-1 sales model metrics with basic sales & communication skills.)

for keeping in touch, you should schedule call-backs at a reasonable interval, as well as send newsletters (email/mail). Vsa has these as well.

the virtual assistant | the complete financial advisor toolbox
thank you dhk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me with numbers 3 and 4 please?
4. I have been working on this. Three years ago I redid a large part of my overall business plan and I came up with an overall scoring system, that was an important first step. The scoring system isn't just based upon income, it has demographic info in it, professional info, and attitude info (so it adds points if someone is straight forward and pulls points away if they're a person who has a hard time being forth-right (someone who will waste your time)). Then I stay in front of people with press releases, periodic email, periodic mailer, etc to add to my phoning. I have been stunned over these three years how well it is working. Some of my initial contacts just wasn't good timing. I dripped on a business owner over the past two years who wouldn't take my calls and he was in fact pretty up front that he was upset with me (he over-reacted on something). He called me on one of my email updates and opened an account. Then he opened another account. Then he apologized for getting upset with me. Then he introduced me to his daughter who is one of three siblings running their $10M business. I love this approach, it really fits me (and the people who I am networking with). Some people are better off working with someone cut from their cloth and others are better working with me. People really appreciate not being put on the spot. I even got a referral this summer from a surgeon who has chosen not to work with me at this point, but one of his partners was looking for an advisor and he referred me. Pretty crazy when you get a referral from someone who isn't working with you yet. Message me if u want to get on the phone sometime to chat.

Back