Tips for Getting Started

jgage2080

I just moved to the city (stl) where I work and I am from a different state (NC). The company I started with made me do a project 200 list and I only knew 47 ppl here and most of them not very well at all. They are basically my girlfriends family and friends. I am two weeks into my career and have had very little success with my project 200 list. I am honestly just looking for ideas to get in front of some warm leads so I can have the fastest start I can have.

Step 1 Set target Market: Residential or Business
Step 2 Decide mode of marketing: D2D, Cold Calling, Direct Mail
Step 3 Enlist a productivity measurement device OCS or some variant
Step 4 Find a way to stay in front of those that say no initially

Ask each contact for 4 names that they think would be interested in learning ways to save money for their future.

Get names of 100 businesses and the owners in your immediate neighborhood. Some you already do business with.

I like the 4th step find away to stay in front of those that initially say no.

If you have their cell number, then how about a text, touching base ? Is that allowed ?

Think of places where YOU do business. Where you get your hair cut, get your clothes dry cleaned, etc. Add those people to your list. You also might get on LinkedIn and look for some local referral and networking groups. MeetUp groups in your area in whatever hobby or interest you have are also easy to find. Just go to www.meetup.com. Walk n talk business owners. You have to see people to be successful.

I would also not hit up the family and friends for business. But definitely let them know
A. The type of products or services you offer in case they have a question that you could possibly help them out with in the future.
B. The type of client you are looking for i.e. new homeowners, new parents, business owners; and that if they ever have a need for insurance to refer you.

Drip on them after that

The type of products or services you offer in case they have a question that you could possibly help them out with in the future.
Not sure about the wisdom here. My experience tells me that you'll answer a LOT of questions - but won't write much business. Fine if you like to do "unpaid" consulting...

As the smart ones say, "sell today, educate tomorrow."

I would also not hit up the family and friends for business. But definitely let them know
A. The type of products or services you offer in case they have a question that you could possibly help them out with in the future.
B. The type of client you are looking for i.e. new homeowners, new parents, business owners; and that if they ever have a need for insurance to refer you.

Drip on them after that

Do you really think that dripping on them is a good idea? I wouldn't buy from someone after they dripped on me!:twitchy:

Back