Tired of No Renewals on Gul Products. Any Co's Have Them?

jlata1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
2% is about the norm, I've been selling lot lately but you can't build a longer term business on 2% .Anyone have 4-5% renewals?

2% is about the norm, I've been selling lot lately but you can't build a longer term business on 2% .Anyone have 4-5% renewals?

The problem with GUL similar to writing 30 term. You lock yourself out long term. The renewal is in additional coverage, cross sales and referral.

That said take a look at Protective's Advantage GUL. While not a renewal it has a two year rolling target. Depending on the age and rating You can make 50% plus more per deal.

I'm assuming protective advantage ul has little guarantees as there custom ul is there Gul I believe.I just wrote my first case with North American and zit says something on a 2 yr target. North American has the cheapest Gul out there.even the whole live policy outside regional director shops like Lafayette life have horrid renewals.In the old days most whole life policies paid 5-7% renewals.

I'm assuming protective advantage ul has little guarantees as there custom ul is there Gul I believe.I just wrote my first case with North American and zit says something on a 2 yr target. North American has the cheapest Gul out there.even the whole live policy outside regional director shops like Lafayette life have horrid renewals.In the old days most whole life policies paid 5-7% renewals.

No, Advantage is GUL.

I understand the concern on renewals. I have the same concerns. I will still sell traditional permanent plans of course. However, any marketing on that will be to older proposed insureds.

2-3% renewals is the norm for UL/GUL/IUL for the past 25 years....

What I have found is that the companies offering higher renewals were products I would never buy myself....

Also, The companies that did offer higher than 2% are now longer around.... Merged/Purchased etc.

2-3% renewals is the norm for UL/GUL/IUL for the past 25 years....

What I have found is that the companies offering higher renewals were products I would never buy myself....

Also, The companies that did offer higher than 2% are now longer around.... Merged/Purchased etc.

What perm life products have the best renewals? WL?

The problem with GUL similar to writing 30 term. You lock yourself out long term. The renewal is in additional coverage, cross sales and referral.

That said take a look at Protective's Advantage GUL. While not a renewal it has a two year rolling target. Depending on the age and rating You can make 50% plus more per deal.

Hello WinoBlues.

Does it need to meet minimum guaranteed age 81 ? Please advice . I don't have contract with Protective yet, but I've played GUL quotes with different companies. They requires to meet minimum guaranteed age 81 .

Ps: I've also heard that Protective pays very low % commission on GUL . Is that true ?

Thanks

Hello WinoBlues.

Does it need to meet minimum guaranteed age 81 ? Please advice . I don't have contract with Protective yet, but I've played GUL quotes with different companies. They requires to meet minimum guaranteed age 81 .

Ps: I've also heard that Protective pays very low % commission on GUL . Is that true ?

Thanks

I do not know about a Protective minimum guarantee on a dial down. I have not bumped up against that with them. I have several Protective numbers and they seem to be competitive with my other contracts on standard fully underwritten GULs. I have a couple contracts that higher.

Back