Top Gun Producers

Is joiningTGP worth it?

I think it is if you haven't been exposed to TGP before. There is a wealth of information there especially on selling life insurance and cold walking businesses. If you join begin immediately mining the old stuff because there is gold in those hills. Also read the archives as far as books that Rick recommends. You will find it very helpful. Client Advisor (CA) isn't around there anymore but I also learned a lot from him.

I doubt anyone can really answer that for YOU.
Whether its worth it or not for YOU can only be determined by you and what you feel you get out of it. I know there are folks that love it and others that didn't stick around long. In the end, you ain't out much either way.

If you have done military service you will like (or at least understand) the culture there.

As for the info... it's like here... some is good, some is bad and most of it is interesting.

If you have done military service you will like (or at least understand) the culture there.

As for the info... it's like here... some is good, some is bad and most of it is interesting.

Isn't it more like Paint Ball or Call of Duty. I may be wrong, but the Master Major Gunny there has never served. Again, I may be wrong.

TGP... well, I was on that board from 2005 - 2011 and so I do have a certain perspective about it.

First, don't disagree with the board owner about minutia (like printer preferences). He doesn't like that.

If you ask what he thinks is a stupid question, be prepared to get reamed out for it, but learn in the process. Some of us on here do that too, but this forum doesn't charge you (or require your production) for the privilege.

The books in the archive... eh, just do a search on here for some of OUR favorite books. You'll see a lot of commonality and can really whittle down that list. (I really think he posts the books so he can get some kind of sales credit at amazon. He has a few affiliate link programs to try to make money, but that's kind of stupid now when you charge and most people leave. Now who's going to click on the affiliate links?)

In my opinion, Rick is all about the quick sale. He's a pure life insurance and annuities salesperson. "Do you want it? This is how it works. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am." I think that's why he liked VPD so much.

As much as I like sales, I want to build a clientele, not just rack up some sales. Clients are people whom you have helped through your products to get more results out of those products and working with you than just buying a product by itself.

His banning me over a thread here... was one of the best things that happened to me. I stopped trying to emulate him and focused more on how *I* wanted to be and how I wanted to build and serve a clientele. He tries to teach a personality, when I would rather learn model methods (a Wayne Cotton analogy).

However, if it wasn't for TGP, I never would've heard about John Savage, Ben Feldman, Burt Meisel, and some of the other past greats of our industry. So I give TGP that credit. (Get their stuff from Amazon and the MDRT store and you can have it all too.)

If you want to learn some better prospecting and true fact-finding training for working with families and retirees, spend a little more money and learn from the Insurance Pro Shop's online video training for $35/month.

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/insurancemarketing/insurancemarketing.html

If you want to work with businesses with buy/sell, key man, exec comp, pension sales, etc., order the IARFC business owner consulting workshop package from the IARFC for $395.

IARFC

http://www.iarfc.org/documents/Business Owner Planning Workshop.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Is joiningTGP worth it?

I would recommend paying for a month and reading everything especially some of the old stuff. I couldn't believe when Rick went the subscription route as there were very few new posts at the time almost all his. Granted they were mainly good posts. I figured his IMO wasn't picking up enough producing agents from the site hence the change.

I haven't been on there since he went with a paid model, but I will say this I have a tpg folder with a lot of good stuff from there I will not delete.

Back