Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects     
Old 08-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #11
Guru
somarco on Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects Re: Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects
Your client/prospect/deadfile person probably forgot the other agent dropped the ball unless they really pi$$ed them off. Don't even bring it up.

"Just calling to introduce myself . . . and see if you have any questions about your coverage . . ."

Let THEM tell you what their concerns are. Don't volunteer a damn thing. Don't assume anything. 98% of the time it is a bigger problem for you than it is them.

If they were put off they will tell you.

If they even answer the phone.

By all means do NOT remind them of a potential bad experience. Let THEM bring it up, not you.

I just wanted to call you before I close your file. "Pause.2 secs "
I use the "close your file" quite often, except in an email, not a phone. You would be surprised how effective it is. No one wants to be fired.

Except the jerks.

And who wants them any way?

------------------------------------
The doctor is in. Five cents please.
Georgia Medicare Plans
GA Medicare Supplement Rates
(404) 252-5859
  Reply With Quote to Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects
Old 08-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #12
Super Genius
traceyemoon on Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects

State: traceyemoon is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects Re: Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects traceyemoon is the thread starter for: Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects

The leads didn't cost. They were people who wandered in, spoke to someone in the past, and their contact info just sat in a file.

Senior agent said if I want to call, they are all mine.

I have made so many calls on so-called active leads, it's sad. Maybe these just needed to steep.

I have some that will never get my time or another call & I feel just dandy about it.

------------------------------------
T.E.Moon

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
  Reply With Quote to Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects
Reply to Touching Base with Previous Clients, Prospects 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum