Type 1 Diabetes

Oh and it took well over 6 weeks to get it all done...med records, parameds, etc. Oh the joys of life insurance...

----------

LOL at Wino...

This is why I love plans like AcciFlex and similar plans...no brainer, no bs, just fast issue and lets get on with life and get paid...get the client back his premium if he never uses it...

Love the clean apps for life, CI, and DI though...gotta get dirty once in awhile to keep all involved happy, unfortunately.

Without a DM questionnaire as part of the fact finding on this you have no way of seeing if the ball park is going to work for the prospect. I write and place a good share of diabetics but they have a realistic idea of a cost range going in.

a 35 year old would be smart to get the plan now because of the low cost base plan the tables would be based on.

I called quite a few carriers. I have access to at least 18 carriers...did not call them all it would be a waste of time. I went with Trans
America because they seemed to be the one who would even give her an offer.. her weight was higher than average, she's also a smoker (as well as marijuana on occasion, which TA will deal with).

The comparison was just to show how high the premium compared to her fiancé who is healthy. Diabetics are high...hate to say it but if they do certain things to cover their own asses, if they are in a high income bracket, they can and should self insure.

This was a 20 yr term. Did her fiances at the same time, which is why I did hers. I steer away from and give away quite a few diabetic leads unless there is a clean app in the mix.

I called quite a few carriers. I have access to at least 18 carriers...did not call them all it would be a waste of time. I went with Trans
America because they seemed to be the one who would even give her an offer.. her weight was higher than average, she's also a smoker (as well as marijuana on occasion, which TA will deal with).

The comparison was just to show how high the premium compared to her fiancé who is healthy. Diabetics are high...hate to say it but if they do certain things to cover their own asses, if they are in a high income bracket, they can and should self insure.

This was a 20 yr term. Did her fiances at the same time, which is why I did hers. I steer away from and give away quite a few diabetic leads unless there is a clean app in the mix.

>>her weight was higher than average, she's also a smoker (as well as marijuana on occasion,

That would do it.

>>I steer away from and give away quite a few diabetic leads

[email protected]:biggrin:

That was for VolAgent, Wino...but yup that did do it. lol I do get a kick out of the fact that TA will deal with pot smokers...recreational one's anyway...and I added that so someone might be able to use that info when they come across it. Sorry if it's a bit of a threadjack.

If anyone can write her in Michigan and get a better rate, I'll gladly hand her over. Always want what's best for a client. :)

break is over and ACA OE is underway...good lawd, the increases are on the rise. Gotta go cherry pick the one's I can help with nice CLEAN apps of supplements, life, DI, CI, etc. lol.

I am serious though, I will gladly give away the dirty apps when there on their own...if there are any Michigan takers...I have very little patience for those. I am getting more and more cynical when it comes to medical records and that....last one took forever and there were many people involved... (i.e, the outside med record company for the insurance company, the outside medical record company for the doctor's office, the doctor's office itself, and the insurance company itself...). My gawd, it's always a never ending process. Not to mention the paramed and the PHI's...Nope, not a patient person when I know there are plenty of clean apps to get. I won't leave the dirty's in the cold, but again, I will gladly give them away to someone who has the patience.

My motto: Keep it clean, keep it simple.

Whoever wants my dirty app people can have them!!!!! :) just sayin...

Last edited:
That was for VolAgent, Wino...but yup that did do it. lol I do get a kick out of the fact that TA will deal with pot smokers...recreational one's anyway...and I added that so someone might be able to use that info when they come across it. Sorry if it's a bit of a threadjack.

If anyone can write her in Michigan and get a better rate, I'll gladly hand her over. Always want what's best for a client. :)

break is over and ACA OE is underway...good lawd, the increases are on the rise. Gotta go cherry pick the one's I can help with nice CLEAN apps of supplements, life, DI, CI, etc. lol.

I am serious though, I will gladly give away the dirty apps when there on their own...if there are any Michigan takers...I have very little patience for those. I am getting more and more cynical when it comes to medical records and that....last one took forever and there were many people involved... (i.e, the outside med record company for the insurance company, the outside medical record company for the doctor's office, the doctor's office itself, and the insurance company itself...). My gawd, it's always a never ending process. Not to mention the paramed and the PHI's...Nope, not a patient person when I know there are plenty of clean apps to get. I won't leave the dirty's in the cold, but again, I will gladly give them away to someone who has the patience.

My motto: Keep it clean, keep it simple.

Whoever wants my dirty app people can have them!!!!! :) just sayin...

I am licensed in MI. And I do not do health.

>>]I do get a kick out of the fact that TA will deal with pot smokers...

You know where this building is right?
Transamerica%252520Pyramid%252520and%252520Bay.jpg

Prequalification often involves obtaining medical requirements. This can include obtaining copies of records; it can also include getting amendments to records to resolve inconsistencies. I can even involve directing potential applicants to undergo follow-up medical testing for current data.

Once an underwriter has all this documentation, he or she can feel confident committing to a rate, and the client can feel comfortable submitting an application.

Sheesh. Just APPLY ALREADY. Since I always quote at standard rates, 97% of my applicants are issued at the quoted rate or better.

What possible benefit is there to acquiring all the underwriting requirements prior to actually giving the case to an underwriter for real?

I tell the prospect that I have no idea what rate they will get, so let's let the company do their evaluation and if we like their offer, we can then tell the company what we want them to issue.

A 97% rate of client satisfaction is superb. Great work!

Here is the process that I find works for me:

First of all, prequalification is a must for people who represent a medical or lifestyle underwriting challenge. People with diabetes, a cancer history, who climb mountains, who scuba dive, who travel to China, and so on also deserve a quote about which they are confident they will be approved. To get to that point, field underwriting is necessary.

Prequalification is also important for people who don’t represent major underwriting challenges. Presenting a potential applicant to selected underwriters on an informal, or even a formal basis, can help identify the carrier who will be most aggressive. This allows me to turn what might have been a standard offer into standard plus, standard plus into preferred, and preferred into preferred plus.

I find that many underwriters greatly appreciate the efforts of a broker to prequalify a case. It helps confirm that the applicant is really a ready buyer. This way, underwriting resources are not wasted. It helps a case go through underwriting much more smoothly because many requirements have been already provided (of course, the client appreciates that because the waiting time for a policy has been reduced).

This good will that has been generated among underwriters can pay off in terms of underwriting concessions and business decisions on really tough and very large cases.

I absolutely do know where that is Wino. I was there and stayed at Le Meridian, right by it in September this year. I could see that very building right out my hotel room window.

I used to live in Concord and Work in San Fran, San Leandro (Coca-Cola was my first big account at age 24 in sales), and Oakland in my 20s.

My fave city!!!! I go back every year! There's a certain festival I'm quite fond of in September. lol

----------

LOL---never even connected the dots on the pot smoking and san fran...holy DUH!!! moment.

Pretty wild up on Haight!! lol.

I absolutely do know where that is Wino. I was there and stayed at Le Meridian, right by it in September this year. I could see that very building right out my hotel room window.

I used to live in Concord and Work in San Fran, San Leandro (Coca-Cola was my first big account at age 24 in sales), and Oakland in my 20s.

My fave city!!!! I go back every year! There's a certain festival I'm quite fond of in September. lol

----------

LOL---never even connected the dots on the pot smoking and san fran...holy DUH!!! moment.

Pretty wild up on Haight!! lol.

I lived in San Ramon/Danville for about 10 years and started in business in Concord. I work in the Bay Area often. We really like visiting The City. Park the car and just do Muni, Bart and cable cars.Great diversity.

Back