Type 1 Diabetes

What additional information can you add? What's the A1C score average? What meds, what dosage? Any other complications?
What's the build like?

You could do a pre-screen with the companies you currently work with. They will give you an answer. But, you need to provide enough detail to get one.

Cheers.

One other question... Is the prospect realistic enough to realize they will NOT get super preferred rates? In fact a standard class would be super preferred for a Diabetic.

Type II myself. I can get a half dozen of my normal life sources to quote diabetics, the problem is the premium and their desire to pay it. Good luck.

I have obtained offers from a number of carriers for such a candidate. Here is a tip: do not go to just any carrier based on someone’s recommendation. Prequalify your client through your distributor once you have thorough and accurate quote info. You should end up with a commitment to a rate so your client can apply confident of the end result.

Prequalification often involves obtaining medical requirements. This can include obtaining copies of records; it can also include getting amendments to records to resolve inconsistencies. I can even involve directing potential applicants to undergo follow-up medical testing for current data.

Once an underwriter has all this documentation, he or she can feel confident committing to a rate, and the client can feel comfortable submitting an application.

The premium will be high...regardless of which company.

Transamerica will consider if A1C is good and if height and weight is ok, if the client takes 2 or less meds, and everything else is ok...i.e,
Just did one for a $250,000 on a 48 year old female. The premium was absolutely ridonkulous. appx. $300 per month. She actually took NO meds and A1C was in great control for past four years. (for comparison her fiancé got the same policy for under $70 and he's in his 50s.

Just sayin....it will be very high if and when you find a company.

If a diabetic takes two or more meds, obviously, that's a huge problem...

Prequalification often involves obtaining medical requirements. This can include obtaining copies of records; it can also include getting amendments to records to resolve inconsistencies. I can even involve directing potential applicants to undergo follow-up medical testing for current data.

Once an underwriter has all this documentation, he or she can feel confident committing to a rate, and the client can feel comfortable submitting an application.

Wow, you guys do a lot of work for a $100,000 ten year year level term. For a 35 year old smoker with an A1C of 10.2 that is non compliant. Who got a competitive quote off the internet already.

Oh and it took well over 6 weeks to get it all done...med records, parameds, etc. Oh the joys of life insurance...

----------

LOL at Wino...

This is why I love plans like AcciFlex and similar plans...no brainer, no bs, just fast issue and lets get on with life and get paid...get the client back his premium if he never uses it...

Love the clean apps for life, CI, and DI though...gotta get dirty once in awhile to keep all involved happy, unfortunately.

The premium will be high...regardless of which company.

Transamerica will consider if A1C is good and if height and weight is ok, if the client takes 2 or less meds, and everything else is ok...i.e,
Just did one for a $250,000 on a 48 year old female. The premium was absolutely ridonkulous. appx. $300 per month. She actually took NO meds and A1C was in great control for past four years. (for comparison her fiancé got the same policy for under $70 and he's in his 50s.

Just sayin....it will be very high if and when you find a company.

If a diabetic takes two or more meds, obviously, that's a huge problem...

Two things, one you probably could have done better if that is her real situation. You didn't say what you applied for, term or not, but you may have been able to get a better rate for her with another carrier.

Two and more importantly, stop making inaccurate comparisons. She isn't a healthy person, she has diabetes. She may have it well controlled, but she still isn't preferred and standard is often a gift to a diabetic. Many diabetics are already in denial about their situation. It doesn't help when the agent isn't realistic about rates either.

Latest posts

Back