Type 1 Diabetes

aclaro

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
MA
Best carriers for term coverage? Looking for definitely more than 500k probably 1m.

Also have young child who's mother wants a 25k policy on her. I think she's 5.

Thank you!

Best carriers for term coverage? Looking for definitely more than 500k probably 1m.

Also have young child who's mother wants a 25k policy on her. I think she's 5.

Thank you!

You need to gather all her pertinent information. Cannot quote a person with type 1 diabetes, by looking at gender and age.

That, as well as might as well just call in to a carrier and do a risk assessment?

Additional:

Control method?
Age?
Onset?

Maybe Pru, MoO? How do they sound?

Last edited:
Thus my question was about which carriers are most competitive...looking for where to start.

In addition to the underwriting questions about diabetic control, the age at onset plays a big part as to which carriers may have interest.
Some companies to consider include Prudential, American General, John Hancock.

Thus my question was about which carriers are most competitive...looking for where to start.

Ohio National Life. May or not be the best rate or the best offer for that particular PI but it is a place to start. However, without the details, the quote is of little value. He may as well just go to an online quoter and put in his age and quote himself at preferred. He will not get that but it is a place to start. Then do that with several other companies.

Or he can call an agent that will get a DM questionnaire filled out and shop it to several carriers based on the information.

----------

Fill out a diabetes questionnaire then shop it to Prudential, Protective, AIG and Banner to start.

Ohio National Life. May or not be the best rate or the best offer for that particular PI but it is a place to start. However, without the details, the quote is of little value. He may as well just go to an online quoter and put in his age and quote himself at preferred. He will not get that but it is a place to start. Then do that with several other companies.

Or he can call an agent that will get a DM questionnaire filled out and shop it to several carriers based on the information.

----------

Fill out a diabetes questionnaire then shop it to Prudential, Protective, AIG and Banner to start.

Come on Wino, better companies then those!

Back