U.S. Citizens Wanting Life Insurance when They Live in a Different Country

case1

Expert
GA
I have a client who's kid went to school with one of my children and they now live in Singapore and are interested in life insurance that would be valid if they were to die in Singapore. Also, they want long-term care and cancer insurance as well. I'm not sure how long they're going to live over there I believe it's a contract position, but wanted to know if insurance companies will write life insurance or any kind of insurance on somebody living in another country. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I am not sure about life insurance, but there are definitely companies who write health insurance for individuals who are overseas. Because of this, I tend to think there would be a life carrier who would do the same, depending on the requirements. IMO, they couldn't be any more strict than present health guidelines. This is a great question; can't wait to read the responses!

I have a client who's kid went to school with one of my children and they now live in Singapore and are interested in life insurance that would be valid if they were to die in Singapore. Also, they want long-term care and cancer insurance as well. I'm not sure how long they're going to live over there I believe it's a contract position, but wanted to know if insurance companies will write life insurance or any kind of insurance on somebody living in another country. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Here you go. He's a member of the Forum.

https://www.piu.org/

Singapore is an "A" country with Transamerica. Up to best class available for life insurance. App has to be taken in the U.S. of course.

Back