Use Trazadone for Sleep. Count As Depression?

Heyyall

1. If you use this drug for sleep only will the life insurance still quote you the same as depressed people?

2. When it is time for a life insurance claim, how in the world would an insurance company be able to verify if everything on your application were true anyway? Do they have a state database where doctors report all of your stuff?

1. Depends on the company. Different medications are prescribed for different reasons. On the application it will typically ask what you are taking, your dosage, how long, and for what reason.

2. There's a prescription and medical database.

1. Depends on the company. Different medications are prescribed for different reasons. On the application it will typically ask what you are taking, your dosage, how long, and for what reason.

2. There's a prescription and medical database.

Database that doctors input all patients info into? Or are you referring to the MIB which just keeps records of insurance applications?

MIB and Rx databases in addition to Attending Physician Statements (APS) and medical exams.

However, during the first two years of a policy, that is the contestibility period. So, if death were to occur in the first two years, an investigation would be done before policy proceeds are paid. If it is determined that an omission occurred, then typically a refund of premiums paid is offered.

MIB and Rx databases in addition to Attending Physician Statements (APS) and medical exams.

However, during the first two years of a policy, that is the contestibility period. So, if death were to occur in the first two years, an investigation would be done before policy proceeds are paid. If it is determined that an omission occurred, then typically a refund of premiums paid is offered.

But if an insurance policy holder doesn't list the doctor or drugs on any of their information then how would an insurance company be able to get the info? It's not like there's a central database that doctors dump all of people's info into that insurers have full access to?

This all comes down to marterial versus immaterial on an application. If some one tells me they tak just a 20mg statin dies and records show it was 25mg. Claim gets paid even in contesability. If someone says no heart disease but has had quadruple bypass this changes everything.

I get some clients who get real hung up on thale app being 100% correct. Things like oh it turns out I was born in the next town over. I have been emplyed with abc school district since 10.90 not 5.90. It is what it is. This would not hold up a claim.

In general,

Don't lie. They will find out. Between insurance company records, medication records and hospital records, they will find out all about you.

1. You must specify it is for sleep and it is not for anxiety/depression (if that is the case). For example, a lot of people take Welbutrin, an anxiety med, to aid in quitting smoking while they don't have anxiety. The more specific, the better.

2. As for verifying what's truthful, if you pass away within the first two years, they will always look at Dr records to see if material facts on application matches your medical history (i.e. If you lied). But after two years of having your policy, insurance death claims are always paid automatically and they don't bother looking at medical records. They just require obit/copy of death certificate and then they cut a check.

Back