Using Whole Life (Permanent) Insurance to Supplement Retirement

It's like that flight to LA, planning to jump out over Phoenix because that's what you really want. You're completely focused on the parachute, and you should have simply taken the flight to Phonenix and you wouldn't need the parachute.

That's assuming there's not a market correction when you're on your way to Phoenix and now you're stuck in Kansas City - I'd rather have guarantees and predictability, but it's not an either or thing, it never is...

I hate turbulence.

Flight Attendant: You know, if you do try and get some sleep, the flight will go a lot faster.
Jack Ryan: I can never sleep on a plane. Turbulence.
Flight Attendant: Pardon?
Jack Ryan: Turbulence. Solar radiation heats the Earth's crust, warm air rises, cold air descends - turbulence. I, I don't like that.
Flight Attendant: Oh. Well, try to get some sleep anyway.

[...]

Navigator C-2A: What's the matter Commander? You don't like flying, huh? Aw, this is nothing! You should've been with us five, six months ago! Whoa! You talk about puke! We ran into a hailstorm over the Sea of Japan. Everybody's retching their guts out! The pilot shot his lunch all over the windshield, and I barfed on the radio! Shorted it out completely! And it wasn't that lightweight stuff either, it was that chunky industrial weight puke!
[offers him the candy bar he's been eating]
Navigator C-2A: Hey, you want a bite?
Jack Ryan: Jack, next time you get a bright idea just put it in a memo!

But how could I possibly keep paying the premiums if I was not adequately prepared for retirement?

Is final expense insurance cash value permanent life insurance?

I sold a policy to a guy who lives in a tree house. It is in the ghetto of Saginaw. There is a drop cord running from the back porch of the real house up the tree and into his shack of a tree house. All mis colored sheets of plywood with boards nailed to the tree for a ladder. It is up there at least 25 feet. He bought the policy last September and has not missed a payment.

Page 5 - the definition of Net Amount At Risk is given.

Bottom of Page 6 shows that net proceeds are subject to policy withdrawals and loans.

"Proceeds paid are subject to the conditions and adjustments defined in other policy provisions, such as General Provisions, withdrawals, Policy Loans, and Timing of Payments."

Back