Voicemails... Do You Leave One? What's Your Script?

M&M, LOL... Okay, so you're probably right. Now, other than leaving my full name, you didn't give me much else to work with. Are you saying I SHOULDN'T tell them who I work for? Should I just try to emphasize that I'm local and I'd like to help them figure out their insurance situation? I can't just call and say "Hello, my name is Joe Smith. How are ya'? Give me a call back and we'll chat." can I???

I call direct mail leads - if I don't get ahold of them after calling for a week or so I'll leave a message like this ...

" hey Prospect , it's Ken! I'm just getting back in touch with you regarding the information you requested. Give me a call back at Xxxxxx. Again, that's xxxxxx , take care I'll talk with you soon ! "

Sometimes I'll throw in ... "Hey prospect it's Ken, the local benefit coordinator right here in "your city" ....." Hope this helps - I get a bunch of call backs as people are generally interested.

This may be helpful for some people:

I listened to this and another from Larry Sharpe at TheNeoSageGroup. (sorry, too new to be able to share link) and suddenly remembered something that I learned working in a call center for Senior Markets for a local insurance company-KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid!

Both are clean, short and not too stuffy or too casual. And it's working. Still have to make 20 calls to get 2 appointments, but people are calling asking questions-they didn't even know we sold Life before.

Thanks for the suggestions!

This may be helpful for some people:

I listened to this and another from Larry Sharpe at TheNeoSageGroup. (sorry, too new to be able to share link) and suddenly remembered something that I learned working in a call center for Senior Markets for a local insurance company-KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid!

Both are clean, short and not too stuffy or too casual. And it's working. Still have to make 20 calls to get 2 appointments, but people are calling asking questions-they didn't even know we sold Life before.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Short and sweet. May of us that spend a lot of time on the phone use a lot of what he says. Thanks for the recommendation.

"Hi. Mrs. Smith, this is Pete and I was calling about to check..." HANG UP.
THAT'S the message.

They only hear "...to check", thinking, "...THE check." But, since the message was "cut off", they may call.

When they do, you called "...to check to see what they qualify for on the new state approved insurance program."

I take no credit for this one as it's a hybrid of two others I was taught. I've had call backs and some book with me, others get mad and hang up. Hey, some will, some won't, so what.

I know it is old fashioned, but I kinda take pride in giving good customer service and in every industry that I have worked in, it paid. And so did the referrals and repeat business-they paid. I don't mean that I get a warm fuzzy feeling that "gosh-darn it they like me!", I mean paid, actual money. So I have a hard time deciding to be rude and sneaky and snarky to get a call back. :nah:

Back