War Clause

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I am quoting a 17 year old right now and the Dad asked me about the War Clause. I can look up the companies I have. But am sure that there are others that I do not have.

Which companies will pay a claim if a Warrior is killed in battle. While serving in the US military? Also how about a waiver claim due to a disability caused by the War(s).

I am asking this question because I think it could be good knowledge for all of us. And mostly because I am too lazy to look at all the companies right now myself?

I did explain the voluntary coverage that military can opt into.

Interesting question, Wino... now that I think about it I've never seen any policy that does NOT clause out for war. And I would think that you've seen plenty more than me. I'll be watching too.

SGLI would be the only coverage that I'd be aware of.

I am quoting a 17 year old right now and the Dad asked me about the War Clause. I can look up the companies I have. But am sure that there are others that I do not have.

Which companies will pay a claim if a Warrior is killed in battle. While serving in the US military? Also how about a waiver claim due to a disability caused by the War(s).

I am asking this question because I think it could be good knowledge for all of us. And mostly because I am too lazy to look at all the companies right now myself?

PRUDENTIAL PRUDENTIAL PRUDENTIAL

They are writing cases on active, deployment orders in hand military clients--no matter where deploying. They limit only to financial justification. The only factor they do look at is occupation in military, pilot etc. They will rate negatively for pilots but not for infantry. If you do not believe me, call their underwriting department--we did. The normal process applies, app and exam taken on US soil.

and, to actually answer your question--no act of war exclusion.

Awesome! Thanks. I have not had time to look into it yet.
A good time to order sample policies. Hopefully in PDF.

PRUDENTIAL PRUDENTIAL PRUDENTIAL

They are writing cases on active, deployment orders in hand military clients--no matter where deploying. They limit only to financial justification. The only factor they do look at is occupation in military, pilot etc. They will rate negatively for pilots but not for infantry. If you do not believe me, call their underwriting department--we did. The normal process applies, app and exam taken on US soil.

and, to actually answer your question--no act of war exclusion.

BUMP!

I wanted to bump this for a couple reasons. I was looking at the RNA term for someone and the "Act of War" question came up. And I sometimes have people looking for term on teens for various reasons.

RNA pays death benefits and Waiver if KIA or disabled during an act of war. Policies under waiver can be converted and remain on waiver. While not a price leader, that says a lot to me. Being a Military family, this is important to me.

It is also fully convertible. Not a TermUL.

Just a thought.

oh, Thanks to Todd King for your help on this. No, I do not have my RNA contract with him. I have had it for years. But I do take PayPal.

Last edited:
NYL covers our warriors overseas at war (its capped.... cant remember how much) .... I know it doesnt help most of us unless its a huge case, but its a good thing either way.

Back