Wealth Building W/ Whole Life

chindel

How many of you guys are familiar with this concept and what did you think about it? We've been using it with pretty good success, and it's usually a pretty decent premium unless they're really young or else not saving much for retirement. I just didn't know how prevalent it was among other whole life carriers.

It's very simple and easy to understand and explain to most clients.

I didn't know if there was a better system out there for selling whole life insurance.

Try honesty. Explain why you "own" it. That's what I do and it is very effective.

Concepts and sales tracks are all fine, the best method is own some yourself. That way when you talk about whole life, you talk about your policy.

I agree with LGilmore. Regardless of any sales system...you should definitely own what you sell and talk about it. WL if designed and used properly can be awesome.

You said you didn't know how prevalent it was among "other" wl carriers. Other meaning who?

Thanks guy. That's a great point. I do own it, and should focus on that more than the numbers and what it can do.

Specifically, I was asking about other companies. I'm an AUL and OneAmerica agent and we're highly encouraged to sign up for LEAP/WIM and now, Wealth Building Cornerstones. I like WBC because it's much simpler than Leap and it uses the idea that you can increase someone's retirement income without any additional out-of-pocket costs.

Like I said, I've had relatively good success with it, but I understand what you guys are saying.

Thanks guy. That's a great point. I do own it, and should focus on that more than the numbers and what it can do.

Specifically, I was asking about other companies. I'm an AUL and OneAmerica agent and we're highly encouraged to sign up for LEAP/WIM and now, Wealth Building Cornerstones. I like WBC because it's much simpler than Leap and it uses the idea that you can increase someone's retirement income without any additional out-of-pocket costs.

Like I said, I've had relatively good success with it, but I understand what you guys are saying.

I have found you will loose more clients with "systems" than you will ever gain if you just simply educate them on what the product does.... "it grows your money tax free, at a conservative RoR, distributes it tax free to you whenever you want to access the money, and it will pass on an even higher amount tax free to your loved ones if you pass away."

A simple comment to add in your talk with clients about WL is "it never goes backwards." 2008 for example everything in my portfolio went backwards big time, but my Whole Life still moved forward.

I have found you will loose more clients with "systems" than you will ever gain if you just simply educate them on what the product does.... "it grows your money tax free, at a conservative RoR, distributes it tax free to you whenever you want to access the money, and it will pass on an even higher amount tax free to your loved ones if you pass away."

Completely agree with this. But I also understand that if a certain "system" is in the agency culture, it's hard to "buck the trend" and get help with other agency leaders.

They can't seem to train anyone anything aside from anything related to "the system". And if you ask any questions about it, they hide it from you until you buy it yourself so you can "pay to play".

----------

Since you originally started out by asking about "wealth building cornerstones" (you left out that cornerstones part)... I haven't seen that part. Seen LEAP & WIM though.

If you're asking if there's a simpler way, I'm a proponent of the training from The Insurance Pro Shop with Lew and Jeremy Nason. I don't think they could explain all the leap concepts any simpler or quicker. No software needed either.

The Leading Insurance Marketing & Sales Tools, Tips & Training

I think systems "can" be valuable, but certainly shouldn't be the only way. I have the COW system, there is some great stuff in there and its paid for itself many times over. But I have sold plenty of cases without even using it. There are plenty of good selling systems out there, just don't get pigeon holed into having to use it.

My agency uses this concept exclusively. Look at the Ohio National Prestige Max it has really strong accumulations and they are a non direct recognition company.

Back