Weber: The 5 Most Important Things to Know About Life Insurance

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
When his clients and prospects ask him what they need to know about life insurance, Dick Weber, a past president of the Society of Financial Service Professionals and a fee-only insurance fiduciary, likes to share five things he considers to be most important:

1. You don’t have enough.
2. It’s not your father’s (or mother’s!) life insurance.
3. It’s not as expensive as you think.
4. Insurance is foundational.
5. Understand your policy and its value.

Context on each point in the article link below.

Insurance Forums | Glad you asked: The 5 most important things to know about life insurance

If someone asked me my top 5 points about Life Insurance in general I would have to say off the top of my head to nonbusiness-owners:
1. It's not as expensive as you think
2. You never have enough
3. There are different types that will let you accomplish one or more things
4. There are plans that will return your premiums at the end of the term if you don't use it.
5. Did you know you can potentially lower your social security taxes by taking retirement income from a permanent cash value life insurance policy (if they're retired) or Did you know you could have the option to pay off your mortgage earlier by taking cash built inside a permanent cash value life insurance policy while also protecting your family from the loan should something ever happen to you (if they're younger homeowners).

Back