Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?     
Old 07-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Expert

State: assurevest is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred? What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?
I had a question for the experienced producers on the forum?

What percentage of your Life Insurance clients fall in the Health Classes - Preferred Plus or Preferred?

The reason is that all quotes and ads lead everyone to believe they will get rates applicable for Preferred Plus as a hook, but wondering how many of them get a sticker shock?

Also, how can we avoid this and infuse a dose of reality in the client's mind
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Guru
WinoBlues on What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?

State: WinoBlues is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WinoBlues is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred? Re: What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?
Originally Posted by assurevest View Post
I had a question for the experienced producers on the forum?

What percentage of your Life Insurance clients fall in the Health Classes - Preferred Plus or Preferred?

The reason is that all quotes and ads lead everyone to believe they will get rates applicable for Preferred Plus as a hook, but wondering how many of them get a sticker shock?

Also, how can we avoid this and infuse a dose of reality in the client's mind
I have no idea on the percentage. Are we talking age 26 or 62?

Yesterday I delivered a P+ deal to a 50 yr old that I quoted Prd. Just submitted three term deals on average age 60 and expect them to come out Prd, Prd & TblII.

The vast majority of my deals are placed because I prequal them pretty well before I quote them. If they are tbl4 I tell them that this is where I think it will come in but could be in this range. It is rare that I show up to a meeting without having an idea of a person's health.

If they ask about an ad they saw on TV, I show them in Compulife or Fexquotes that I have those rates and can quote them. However, this is why they will not get those rates. One of my term deals was quoted Preferred at AIG Direct (I got the replacement illustration), she is diabetic, past cpap and asthma.

America's Sons and Daughters http://iraqwarheroes.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt8y18YFH70

WinoBlues @ Gmail.com

Last edited by WinoBlues; 08-01-2013 at 02:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote to What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Expert

State: assurevest is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred? Re: What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred? assurevest is the thread starter for: What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?

I was referring to US since most people on this forum are from US
Old 08-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred? Re: What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?
NYL used to claim that only around 5%-10% of applicants received P+, 30% P, and the rest St or Rated.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
Guru
Larry Tew on What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?

State: Larry Tew is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
Larry Tew is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
For Ohio National 2012 all issued policies:

S-Preferred NS 23%
Preferred NS 24%
Select NS 13%
Std NS 25%
Select Smoker 4%
Std Smoker 5%
Substandard 6%
Old 08-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Guru
LGilmore on What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?

State: LGilmore is an Insurance Agent from Washington
LGilmore is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
One thing to keep in mind is one company's standard is another company's preferred...

There is no set standard to work from as most carriers are slightly different and some are extremely different when establishing classes.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Expert

State: indywithavision is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred?
That's totally right. One preferred is another super preferred is another standard. I like to illustrate based on standard and then offer more coverage if they get preferred, or a lower premium, depending on the client. If you deal with cigar smokers you can get standard or standard plus with prudential.

Indy with a vision!
Reply to What Percentage People Are Health Class Preferred Plus or Preferred? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum