Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?     
Old 11-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: dr954 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?
Hello Everyone,

For those of you that sell life insurance, what is your average annual premium per case?

Thanks for the info.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?

Old 11-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Super Genius

What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? Re: What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? dr954 is the thread starter for: What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?

Originally Posted by STIBROKER@AUSTIN.RR.COM View Post
depends on the clients and the need....now avg face I write is $500,000 to $5,000,000
Thanks for responding STIBROKER.

I'm trying to discover the average annual premium for all sales including term, permanent policies and all face amounts.

For example, if you write 100 policies per year, your average premium might be $1,500.

I spoke with a MGA and they mentioned that the average annual premium for all life insurance cases was $1,500.

Do you think $1,500 is high amount or about average for all agents writing life insurance only?
  Reply With Quote to What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Guru

State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? Re: What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?
Originally Posted by dr954 View Post
Thanks for responding STIBROKER.

I'm trying to discover the average annual premium for all sales including term, permanent policies and all face amounts.

For example, if you write 100 policies per year, your average premium might be $1,500.

I spoke with a MGA and they mentioned that the average annual premium for all life insurance cases was $1,500.

Do you think $1,500 is high amount or about average for all agents writing life insurance only?

When I was with NAA, they claimed their average monthly premium was $50. I was a little less than that. With EFES, they say their average monthly premium is $50. I'm a little higher than that.

With both groups I was a top 15 producer.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Please type "insurance" in this box I agree to forum rules 

Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Guru
STIBROKER on What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? - Insurance Forum

State: STIBROKER is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to STIBROKER
STIBROKER is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? Re: What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?
Yes......it is BS.....like I said....it all boils down to the client.....I just quoted a 37 male that just got issued allstate life for $500,000 and got their top rating at $80....I am rewriting him with Trans at $47 a month...2 months ago placed a $5,000,000 at $310 a month....and most I my clients are term....but as far as an average goes it really depends on you client base.....

Old 11-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Guru
VolAgent on What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? - Insurance Forum

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
This is really a question that seems deeply important, but is utterly meaningless.

There are some agents with a seven figure premium average. Others average less than 600 (50 a month). The real question is, what market are they going to teach you to work, and what their needs are and what they can afford.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Super Genius

What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? Re: What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? dr954 is the thread starter for: What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?

Originally Posted by VolAgent View Post
This is really a question that seems deeply important, but is utterly meaningless.

There are some agents with a seven figure premium average. Others average less than 600 (50 a month). The real question is, what market are they going to teach you to work, and what their needs are and what they can afford.
Leads would be web-based from their websites. I'm wondering if the average premium would be lower online vs meeting people face to face. $1,500 average premium seems high for policies written from online leads.... but i could be completely wrong.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
Guru
VolAgent on What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? - Insurance Forum

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Leads would be web-based from their websites. I'm wondering if the average premium would be lower online vs meeting people face to face. $1,500 average premium seems high for policies written from online leads.... but i could be completely wrong.
I don't work online leads, but I would think so. My suspicion is that online leads mainly lead to term sales. 1,500 is a lot for a term policy unless it is good sized and/or on an older person.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Guru

State: dgoldenz is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
dgoldenz is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I would guess the average premium for online lead sales is around $800-1,000. My average is somewhere between $0 and eleventy billion.

High Risk Life Insurance Quotes

Last edited by dgoldenz; 11-15-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
Guru
Franz Kafka on What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? - Insurance Forum

State: Franz Kafka is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Franz Kafka is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
People who write big checks (business/estate planning and high premium permanent policies) don't go online to get their quotes.
Reply to What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Tags
life insurance