What's the Average Age of an Insurance Sales Person?

From the look of things at imo meetings, I would say the average age is like 150. I usually hang out with guys nearly twice my age because we are the youngin's

53 is the new 43. You're good for another 40 years at least.

Steve

Ask me where to get lists for $10 per 100,000 using old phone books

My wife won't say it but I believe she thinks I'm to old for a new career. I'm 53 and starting over after 10 years of being a stay at home father in order to take care of my awesome twin boys who are special needs. My wife continued to work and also keep us covered with medical insurance. I sold a small business back then that I had for 12 years. I got my health license 4 years ago and tried to build a business while still taking care of my kids but could not put enough time into the business. My boys are doing much better now so here I am 4 year later with a new life license and career. I did a lot of marketing, door knocking, face to face and cold calling at my business I sold, so I don't think I would have tried this if I started totally green....

I am 29 turning 30 in November.

All of my agents are older than me.

There are one or two in their 30s, a few in their 40s, most in their 50s, and one in his late 60s.

Most of my Mentorship agents are career-transitioning from a dying industry like construction, health insurance, etc., and have built multi-year careers prior to leaving their industry.

I hadn't thought of that...phone books published before 2003 aren't covered by the DNC, you can call any of the numbers that are still active.

I think the DNC would disagree with you. The year a particular phone number was first published has nothing to do with anything, but rather the status (either on or off the DNC list) of the number on the day you call it.

I am 29 turning 30 in November. All of my agents are older than me. There are one or two in their 30s, a few in their 40s, most in their 50s, and one in his late 60s. Most of my Mentorship agents are career-transitioning from a dying industry like construction, health insurance, etc., and have built multi-year careers prior to leaving their industry.

And why aren't there more our age out there in this industry? It's a fantastic career. Think of your income in your 50's if you continue to sell!

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Back